• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Gyōjin Dullahan Anime Opens Site with Promo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirtyred70

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
It's official. Japan has ran out of ideas for compelling plots. This anime is proof. Mad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Given my fondness for slickly produced eye candy, it should shock no one that I think this looks cool.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't look so bad, at least better than the previous Sengoku Basara, hopefully. I just couldn't buy that "eternal" rivals crap between the blue and red guy.
configspace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Next year's gonna be awesome with Sengoku Basara 2, the next Hidamari Sketch and now this.

Quote:
The Sendai-based software and video company GrapeCity worked on production and motion-capturing, while the anima studio produced the animation and modeling.

The clip's animation/CG style reminds me of the Street Fighter 4 intro
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Given my fondness for slickly produced eye candy, it should shock no one that I think this looks cool.

Given my fondness for perversions of historical events, it should shock no one that I think this looks cool.

Also, eye candy.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Doesn't look so bad, at least better than the previous Sengoku Basara, hopefully.

B-But Sengoku Basara was enjoyable! This new series, on the other hand, looks like crap. The fighting mechs at the beginning made me think of "Dynasty Warriors: Gundam." Mmmmeeeehhhhh .....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Doesn't look so bad, at least better than the previous Sengoku Basara, hopefully. I just couldn't buy that "eternal" rivals crap between the blue and red guy.

That's cause they screwed it up.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
egoist wrote:
Doesn't look so bad, at least better than the previous Sengoku Basara, hopefully.

B-But Sengoku Basara was enjoyable! This new series, on the other hand, looks like crap. The fighting mechs at the beginning made me think of "Dynasty Warriors: Gundam." Mmmmeeeehhhhh .....

A little more violence and I'd agree with you. Anything with "Sengoku" should be bloody and have flying chopped heads. That's my humble opinion.
Edit: After watching the video I gotta say that the armor reminds me of Gasaraki.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1