• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippūden to Debut on Disney XD on October 28

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I'll watch, since I started with the dub before switching to the Japanese subtitled version when Viz/TV Tokyo started streaming Shippuden.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to watch just to see what type of edits Disney puts the show through. The first episode should set the standard as far "suggestive themes" go. We should have an idea of how they handle violence around episode four. I'm still pretty amazed Viz got this onto a Disney channel of all places.

Oh well, I'm already watching on Crunchyroll so I don't feel so obligated to watch it on TV like I did with the original season on Cartoon Network.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
I'm going to watch just to see what type of edits Disney puts the show through. The first episode should set the standard as far "suggestive themes" go.

And I will be doing the same also and who knows, maybe Disney will surprise us by not editing too much. One can only hope. Anime smallmouth
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking about the time slot. It seems decent, but who are they trying to market it to? Tweens? Children? If it's tweens-teens that's a good slot. It's at a time when people are done with their homework, dinner, etc.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
I'm thinking about the time slot. It seems decent, but who are they trying to market it to? Tweens? Children? If it's tweens-teens that's a good slot. It's at a time when people are done with their homework, dinner, etc.

Judging by the other shows on Disney Anime hyper, it seems the channel is aimed towards the pre-teen and teen crowd.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:30 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad we have something more firm than process of elimination for days left in October to point the DVR at. Though now I wonder if they will always be showing 4 episodes at a time, at least until they burn through a portion of the lead? Oh, the horrible wait for another day until the TV listings advance far enough to see the 4th (and then the longer wait until Comcast adds the channel in HD and we can dream of what it would look like ... in upscaled SD.)
vtnwesley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote
Well, I've already seen the first 8 or so episodes dubbed from iTunes, so I can confirm it's good (or as good as anyone thought the dub was to begin with).

I'm curious about edits on Disney as well, considering some of the villains later on. For the time being, I doubt we'll see too many, if any, edits. the first few episodes are extremely tame on gore or suggestive behavior, despite some big stuff going on. We'll see where we are 70-100 episodes in... That will be the true test to see what is going on I think.
~nanashi~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:01 am Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
KanjiiZ wrote:

Judging by the other shows on Disney Anime hyper, it seems the channel is aimed towards the pre-teen and teen crowd.

Well there main goal is to attract boys/guys in-between the age of 16-25 or so I've heard.
Nebs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quote
~nanashi~ wrote:
Well there main goal is to attract boys/guys in-between the age of 16-25 or so I've heard.

I seriously doubt they're targeting anyone over the age of 16, & even that's pushing it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:04 am Reply with quote
If Disney had any scene, they'd have it at the same level of edits as Toonami had.
JediJaina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:16 am Reply with quote
No offense to ANN, but why so late? Viz had the announcement back on October 16th.

Oh and it's going to be one episode a week after this. They also will be repeating the episodes, check the Disney Anime hyper schedule for details.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
I will maybe watch it but will prefer to buy the uncut DVDs. An acquaintance of mine said Anime hyper will give it "TV-PG" rating. That is saying something for Disney. However, I will continue to watch the sub on CrunchyRoll. Heck, it would be nice if they had the dub on CrunchyRoll since they have both the dub and sub of CODE GEASS Lelouch of the Rebellion.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
I'll tune in just to see how certain characters are played (Deidara, Sasori, etc.). But Shippuden is so mediocre until around the time it hits the first filler arc that I don't really feel like going through it again until I buy the first box set.

I'll definitely tune in to watch eps. 26, 82, 85, 123 and 131, though. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
maybe ill watch it if i dont forget
Altorrin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
~nanashi~ wrote:
malik_chan wrote:
KanjiiZ wrote:

I heard it was 6 - 14. Which would make a lot of sense, as most boys between 16-25 don't watch cartoons. No offense to anime fans here, but seriously. I don't know any boy who's 16 and watches whatever new Spiderman/Superman/X-Men cartoon adaptation whoever pumps out. You can't tell me that the Spectacular/Amazing/Adjective Spiderman is for 16 year old guys.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4