• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Musician: New Male Vocaloid Virtual Singer in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarukah

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:22 am Reply with quote
My first reaction, "Yaaaaaaaaaayy". I am so sick of the female Vocaloids that I tear my hair out everytime I hear/see one (kinda mainly pertaining to Miku).
I hope to goodness that the new male Vocaloid doesn't sound anything like Kaito or Gakt though, I can't stand their voices. Since its going to be "a popular young seiyū", I hope it won't be Miyano Mamoru or Jun Fukuyama, I'm getting really tired of their voices Sad
giascle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty excited for this; the Vocaloids have been vastly improving, and they definitely need a new male voice.
championferret

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote
Awesome! This is exciting news...
I absolutley love Kaito (he's probably my favourite Vocaloid, although Miku and Rin have more songs I love), so it will be interesting to see how the voice differs. I hope it's not on the Gackpo side because I never did like him; he's my least favourite both voice and character-design-wise (probably because I frankly never liked the actual Gackt to begin with).

Looking forward to the official announcement and his character design.... if he's a Crypton I assume he'll have Key's art-style?
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote
How exciting! More vocaloids can only be a good thing.
I hope this new one will have the 'bilingual' feature like Luka does, other than that I'm not really picky about his character design/vocal range.

Also, they finally made a petite nendoroid set of every crypton vocaloid, plus a few extras. But there's also a "mystery" figure that goes with the set and has yet to be revealed since the set wont be released till late November.
so I wonder if the mystery figure will be this new guy, perhaps? :3 probably not, but I can dream right? Anime hyper
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote
Geez, it's a whole family now. I wonder how long this is going to go on.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one here who LIKES Gackpo? He's the best male Vocaloid. And Gumi is the best female. Using actual singers seems to be the way to go. Internet had the right idea. Not that I don't like Crypton's. Luka's good and Rin's great. But don't get me started on that Miku. I really don't like her.
brittiney360

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quote
As long as he's not voiced by Jun Fukuyama or another insanely popular seiyuu, then I'm fine with it. I'm still a FukuJun fan, but he's in quite a few shows I'm following now and I'm getting sick of his voice...

I really hope they stop with this guy though, because there seriously are way too many vocaloids already; not to mention I have a huge notion that this guy's only being made to cater to the fujoshi crowd....Ah well, I don't care as long as he sounds good.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
brittiney360 wrote:

I really hope they stop with this guy though, because there seriously are way too many vocaloids already; not to mention I have a huge notion that this guy's only being made to cater to the fujoshi crowd....Ah well, I don't care as long as he sounds good.

As opposed to all the other ones that pander to the male otaku?

My bets are on Jun Fukuyama or one of the two Tomokazu's

But you know what would be fun? If they got a JE guy to do it.
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Mikuo is still the best male vocaloid. Laughing

Downpitched vocals make me laugh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1