• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Kouji Seo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote
Wow, he's definitely younger than I envisioned.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a sequel to Suzuka.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Wow, he's definitely younger than I envisioned.

I'm intrigued by the idea of a sequel to Suzuka.

Hopefully they'll be able to retcon the ending.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quote
As much I enjoyed Suzuka (spoiler[How often what is somewhat of a harem series end with the main couple actually getting married?], if he redid the ending and lengthened with more ecchi stuff, I am game.
matthewlow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Sequel to Suzuka would be amazing. Something that I literally never would think would happen.

Also the actress Seo picked seems perfect for the role (as in, face).

Really great interview ANN.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
Need to get Suzuka Vol. 12. Been cutting down on trips to the comic shop and bookstore. Wonder when the next volume will be out.
Avarice_WP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:01 am Reply with quote
Mr. Seo is definately a lot younger than I evnisioned as well. It's an interesting article and interview by ANN because I loved the manga and anime (Suzuka) so much. A sequel to the manga? I think it would be cool. I really appreciated how the couple had real life problems and seemed to actually do - well - "RL" things like spoiler[get married]. It would be facinating to see them a few years later in a short manga.

The first time I read Suzuka, I was actually really touched. I know this seems silly, but I thought back to all the things I did in highschool, and the things that I didn't do and would have done differently. If only I had a time machine; I would have joined more clubs and sports teams, given the opportunity again. It's kinda cool how a show can make you regret past events and wish that you had done them differently. Gah, just thinking about it is giving me a premature midlife crisis (only 24 >.>)
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote
As much as I like Suzuka, I must say that the titular character and Yamato were quite frustrating to watch. While I would've continued watching it regardless, Honoka really did help make the series more watchable for me, especially at the half-way point in the anime. Smile

The manga's fairly overpriced, so I had since stopped collecting it in order to purchase the higher-priority titles (barring a good deal on them, as I found Vol. 7-8 & 11 for about 50% off). Though now that the manga has surpassed the anime in terms of content and that Del Rey has slowed down the release of the series, I intend on resuming it at some point in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1