• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Anime Intro and Ending Song!!!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chill Winterheart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:50 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I've got a new one to add to my list,
Kaze no Ao, Umi no Midori (Brigadoon OP). I hear so many OPs that sound very similar, namely like J-Pop, and while I don't have a problem with J-Pop, it's just so common for openers that I like it when it sounds nothing like J-Pop. In fact, most of my favorite OP and ED themes seem to sound nothing like J-Pop. I'll admit, the visuals itself in the OP are actually rather plain, but the song is just a delight for me to listen to.

Ah I was just rereading this list and didn't notice you and I wrote the same opening song [it's just that I wrote it in its English name Anime hyper]
Lonegamemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I really like the opening theme to Code Geass (Colors by Flow). It sounds very upbeat and it's very catchy. I really like the trumpets, especially in the beginning (I used to play the trumpet). I actually have the song downloaded onto my iPod.
Mister V

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Personally I love all Zetsubou-sensei OP's and ED's, this is the only show like that for me. Even the Ohtsuki Kenji to Zetsubou Shoujotachi album is great. In fact, other creations by him are as great - his contribution to the Welcome to the NHK soundtrack, for example. (oh, yes, I should mention that imho the NHK OST is one, if not the best anime soundtrack out there)

Otherwise, there are few OP/EDs that caught my eye.

I should definitely mention the excellent OP and ED of Shikabane Hime (Beautiful Fighter and My Story by angela).
I'm also quite fond of the Lucky Star and Toradora OPs (possibly because they're extremely dynamic); while we're talking about dynamic OPs, Outlaw Star has a fine example... of course, one can't miss Haruhi's OPs (both "seasons", and in fact the songs in the cultural festival episode are great, too).
For some reason I liked Claymore's OP and ED.
Spice and Wolf has nice OPs to match the series' romantic atmosphere (both Tabi no Tochuu and Mitsu no Youake).
The OP/ED of Portrait de Petite Cosette, sung by Inoue Marina (Houseki and Ballad iirc), also deserves some credit.

Finally, for teh lulz, I'll mention the OP of Detroit Metal City Laughing
spoiler[SA...TSU...GAAAAAAAI!!!]
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I saw 4 eps of Gakutsuou way back when (not through legal means, I assure you), but I ordered the old set off TRSI for $27 and while I may be waiting for it as a B-day gift (or just plain waiting for it to ship, hurry up and get delivered, Mysterious Cities of Gold!), I re-looked up the OP on youtube, and became instantly addicted.
censored666

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
GYAAAAAHHHH! I have so many that I love!! I'll just narrow the list down to the Fall 2009 offerings then... The opening of Kimi no Todoke is just magneficent. I don't know who the singer is, but his voice is very soothing, and the guitar in the song just rocks my socks off. Also, the musci matches perfectly with the opening's animation. I loved how it started out calm, and then swelled when Sawako was walking outside in the various seasons. Then, came the climax of the song. The final fifteen, or so seconds were very beautiful as Sawako looks longingly into the (forgot his name again) eyes, and he beams back at her. Just as she moves in close to him the song as well as the animation ends, leaving it with an air of sweet ambiguity. The whole opening was an incredible testament to the potential that is within this show!

Then ther is the closer for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. The animation was standard stuff, but it meshed perfectly with the songs pacing and tempo. Something about this songing was just so refreshing and...Fun. I guess that's all I can say about it, really.
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
My favorite opening theme is Lilium from Elfen Lied. I'm not even sure if I consider the anime that great. I know I enjoyed it, but having that song in the beginning automatically turns it into one of my favorite anime. I even like the Gregorian chanting version, and I don't like songs sung by male voices at all. I watched the series about 5 times in a row. That could also have been because I was sort of in shock because my ex-wife had just told me she wanted a divorce. There also wasn't much to do since I was in Afghanistan at the time.

I think my favorite ending would have to be Reison D'etre from Chobits. I don't have any stories to go with that one though. I just enjoy it's tempo. Razz
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
My favourite opening without a doubt is "Kiri" by Monoral (Ergo Proxy's OP). I think it blends really well with the opening footage, and the chorus lyric, "Come and save me," is very appropriate considering Vincent Law's internal conflict. Some that come close are Texhnolyze's "Guardian Angel," Mushi-shi's "The Sore Feet Song," and Ghost in the Shell S.A.C 2nd Gig's "Rise."

My favourite closing theme is probably Speed Grapher's Hinageshi no oka. It's very mellow and sweet, which I think is a great contrast to the gritty subject matter of the show. Runner-ups would be Gurren Lagann's Undergound and Gantz's Last Kiss.
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Lonegamemaster wrote:
I really like the opening theme to Code Geass (Colors by Flow).

I, also, loved this opening song. But when it comes to song only, excluding the opening animation, I'd go with "Karma" by KOKIA from Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~. Well, it's hard to explain the reason, I really think this song fits this series so well; I just loved it.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quote
I've some new openings I simply can't get enough of:
From Pani Poni Dash comes (often referred) "Yellow Vacation" and "Roulette Roulette". Both fit the series perfectly and are catchy to boot.

In an odd way, "One=Fated Union", the ending to Ultramaniac, is haunting to me, and I love it. I just wish I could hear the full version.

I wouldn't consider these my favorites, as there are just too many to choose from, but they're ones I listen to repeatedly without skipping.

Now, let's roll the intro to "Yellow Vacation"...
p0pzi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Lonegamemaster wrote:
I really like the opening theme to Code Geass (Colors by Flow).

I, also, loved this opening song. But when it comes to song only, excluding the opening animation, I'd go with "Karma" by KOKIA from Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~. Well, it's hard to explain the reason, I really think this song fits this series so well; I just loved it.

Yeah that opening is great and I also love the opening Flow made for Eureka 7 which is called "Days". I have a hard time picking favorites since there are so many opening/endings that i love but another one that comes to mind is the Hunter x Hunter OVA opening (Pray by Wish).

Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle is also an anime with great music and I really like the song "Yume no Tsubasa", both the duet version and the sakura one. It's technicly neither an opening nor and ending from what I can remember, it just kind of comes in some episodes. However I figured it deserved to be mentioned. Smile

Edit, fixed a mistake.

Last edited by p0pzi on Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
p0pzi wrote:
Yeah that opening is great and I also love the opening Flow made for Eureka 7 which is called "Flow".

Actually, Flow's song for Eureka 7 was called "Days."
p0pzi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Haha, yeah my bad. I guess that I didn't proofread it that great. I don't really know how that happened but whatever, thanks for pointing it out. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
synn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:42 am Reply with quote
I like tecno,industrial soundtracks. So any anime with that type of music i just love it.
Speedy Cerviche

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote
Mine are both form Tokyo Mew Mew.
OP: I like this song and the main reason,
It's Show Time!
That line gets stuck in my head and doesn't come out.
It's catchy, its cool, its just rad.
ED:Well, the lyrics is wierd, but somewhat amusing, i'm talking about the subbed ED, but, either way, i just like it.
Listeria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote
It's hard not to put a list on this thread to be honest because I have a few anime intro and ending songs that I love. I get drawn to the upbeat intros like Blast of Wind from Kaze no Stigma (which I'm listening to right now) and Lonely in Gorgeous from Paradise Kiss but I am also drawn to the slow songs like Lilium from Elfen Lied and the instrumental intro and ending song of Ghost Hunt. I sometimes catch myself humming their tune at work that they get stuck in my head. I also have the full intro and ending songs in my iPod so I can listen to them in my car or at home. I may not understand them but I just love listening to them.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 17