• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My-Hime Blu-ray Box's New Anime Shorts Listed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Is this their way of teasing/trolling us with a "soon to come" Mao-Hime or Mai-Hime Destiny?
Faceman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:27 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome, I'm hoping there's more to the BR box than just a 4 minute extra clip that'll probably be available online sooner or later. After buying all the DVDs, I'd need more incentive to get it on BR.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Is this their way of teasing/trolling us with a "soon to come" Mao-Hime or Mai-Hime Destiny?

This. Where is Mai-Hime Destiny, Sunrise?

Last edited by Big Hed on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

Well as an finesse Mai HiME fan, I think both of those novels are gonna be scrapped because of Hiroki Hisayuki (one of the creators of Mai HiME.)wanted to make an direct sequel to HiME for next year and the reason is they have alot of resolve into that time and wanted HiME to become a shounen series from the start and make the magical girl return back again. Because of wait and hold off because of Gundam Seed Destiny fiasco, they don't go through that as well. Immediately they focus into Otome more, but also was a trainwreck because of the bad storyline. But other writers wanted to do more than focus on HiME sequel theirfore continue on other thing. Also, nobody didn't care that well about it until now. But this is just an speculation, not the real deal. Also the complete would give alot of sense in the upcoming sequel trilogy. Plus the Mai HiME sequel is worth the six year wait and give's alot of meaning. Sunrise is maybe trolling us but it gives alot sense they are pulling off something really incredible for the Mai-Franchise for next year.
Daichi09

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:13 am Reply with quote
Only 30k Yen for 5 Discs... So like $50 a pop. :/

At least this is cheaper then Kanon Blu-ray, which about double that for the same number of discs.
Anton Chigurh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:30 am Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

Well as an finesse Mai HiME fan, I think both of those novels are gonna be scrapped because of Hiroki Hisayuki (one of the creators of Mai HiME.)wanted to make an direct sequel to HiME for next year and the reason is they have alot of resolve into that time and wanted HiME to become a shounen series from the start and make the magical girl return back again. Because of wait and hold off because of Gundam Seed Destiny fiasco, they don't go through that as well. Immediately they focus into Otome more, but also was a trainwreck because of the bad storyline. But other writers wanted to do more than focus on HiME sequel theirfore continue on other thing. Also, nobody didn't care that well about it until now. But this is just an speculation, not the real deal. Also the complete would give alot of sense in the upcoming sequel trilogy. Plus the Mai HiME sequel is worth the six year wait and give's alot of meaning. Sunrise is maybe trolling us but it gives alot sense they are pulling off something really incredible for the Mai-Franchise for next year.

I have thought all along that it should've been Mai-Hime, not Otome, which should've got all the spin-offs and sequels. Glad to see I was not alone.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote
Anton Chigurh wrote:
BlackJaded wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

I have thought all along that it should've been Mai-Hime, not Otome, which should've got all the spin-offs and sequels. Glad to see I was not alone.

Alone, really their is over alot people that our just wondering why not HiME should have gotten more projects than Otome was than I knew someone gave them a bad idea in the first place and also the sales were little up on that time and that's the reason they got sequel and prequel for them. Also it was though damn otaku fault for giving into more sales. But I think they knew that HiME was better than Otome and really going back to focus more and possibly get what the fans want the continuation of Mai HiME and not no spinoff, just the originals saga. I would like to see development for the HiME and also facing great evil and protect Fuuka and wonder why is it so special. That's the one thing I would like to see.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote
The reason Mai Otome got all the sequels and prequels is very simple. STORYLINE.

By the end of Mai Hime none of the characters are Hime anymore(At least that's how it's indicated) That being the case there was no real way to have a sequel without it seeming like it was nothing but a cash in on a successful series.

Mai Otome on the other hand allowed for a sequel. At the end all the characters are still meisters and the story could allow for more new adventures for the cast something that Mai Hime's story line did not allow.

Now you could say that Mai Hime could have had a prequel. That's true but then there would be none of the characters that made Mai Hime so great(Mai, Natsuki, Mikoto, Nao, Haruka, Midori etc) You pretty much learn about each of the characters pasts in the series itself so there is no reason to expand on that with a prequel.

Personally I love both Hime and Otome and while I do think Hime is definitely the stronger of the two it doesn't mean it should have been pointlessly whored out. People seem to think the story in Otome was bad(Which it isn't by any means) How do you think Hime would have turned out if they were forced to make a sequel to something that should not have had one to begin with?
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
The reason Mai Otome got all the sequels and prequels is very simple. STORYLINE.

By the end of Mai Hime none of the characters are Hime anymore(At least that's how it's indicated) That being the case there was no real way to have a sequel without it seeming like it was nothing but a cash in on a successful series.

Mai Otome on the other hand allowed for a sequel. At the end all the characters are still meisters and the story could allow for more new adventures for the cast something that Mai Hime's story line did not allow.

Now you could say that Mai Hime could have had a prequel. That's true but then there would be none of the characters that made Mai Hime so great(Mai, Natsuki, Mikoto, Nao, Haruka, Midori etc) You pretty much learn about each of the characters pasts in the series itself so there is no reason to expand on that with a prequel.

Personally I love both Hime and Otome and while I do think Hime is definitely the stronger of the two it doesn't mean it should have been pointlessly whored out. People seem to think the story in Otome was bad(Which it isn't by any means) How do you think Hime would have turned out if they were forced to make a sequel to something that should not have had one to begin with?

I believe everything is possible for this franchise and the reasons want HiME needs a sequel because of their something fishy and I mean a whole and no that HiME/Otome connection is stupid and farfetched anyway, but back to my reason, the things needs a sequel is that what behind the truth to the carnivals and the reason to the other world, it sounded like from a movie in Stargate and I think their power maybe inherited from their families and even bloodlines such that still SEARRS or any organization want on them even the Gate of Valhalla. Their alot things to this story that you can even comprehend of and still HiME was left with nothing left and I still that the Directors are reasoned with something better and that can't even come up something better then keep the continue I mean. I'm sure Mai HiME needed a sequel after Ep 26. and I'm sure that Nagi and Mashiro did some messup up stuff during the Carnival and wanting their heads on silver plate.(Iwasuka or Japanese Government.) But seriously I wouldn't be shocked that trying to make up the HiME blu-ray and make open left (I'm sure they did on last time.) series at the end and made something better. But I'm sure Sunrise will make a great sequel for HiME and give the fans what they want. Also I would like a prequel as well too but that will added into the sequel trilogy of HiME.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Well I would try to figure out what you just said but I really don't want the big head ache. It seems to me as if you are saying there are still things that can be expanded upon from the series and that may be true and it may not be. Learning about the past Hime Festivals as I said is pointless. Whats the point if none of the characters that made the series so great are there except for Nagi and Mashiro? If you are gonna do that you might as well just make an entirely new storyline with new characters like Otome was.

The family line thing being related to Hime are bogus. If that was the case pretty much ALL the hime in the show would have known the Festival was coming and would have been prepared for it(Which also eliminates the point of the show as alot of what it is is watching as Mai's life is torn about because of something she never wanted.)

And sure There is probably plenty of History about the Sears Foundation but again any expansion of that back story LACKS THE CHARACTERS THAT MADE THE SHOW WHAT IT IS!!! No body is gonna wanna have a mai Hime series focusing on John Smith if you know what I mean.

If they ever do make another Mai anime it will most likely be an adaptation of one of the manga(Mai Hime Destiny) Or something Completely new or maybe even a reboot to the series. I highly doubt a TRUE sequel or prequel will ever be made for Mai Hime.

PS.. I'm one of those people who believe that Hime/Otome DO share a connection and anyone who has watched Mai Otome Zwei and the series proper more then once should be able to draw that connection. It is HEAVILY hinted that it takes place on the same planet and is just very far into the future from Mai Hime. It's not far fetched in the LEAST to believe there is a connection as it seems Sunrise was trying to make fans think that in the first case. They would not have put all the things that support the connection theory into Otome unless they wanted people to think there was one.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
Well I would try to figure out what you just said but I really don't want the big head ache. It seems to me as if you are saying there are still things that can be expanded upon from the series and that may be true and it may not be. Learning about the past Hime Festivals as I said is pointless. Whats the point if none of the characters that made the series so great are there except for Nagi and Mashiro? If you are gonna do that you might as well just make an entirely new storyline with new characters like Otome was.

The family line thing being related to Hime are bogus. If that was the case pretty much ALL the hime in the show would have known the Festival was coming and would have been prepared for it(Which also eliminates the point of the show as alot of what it is is watching as Mai's life is torn about because of something she never wanted.)

And sure There is probably plenty of History about the Sears Foundation but again any expansion of that back story LACKS THE CHARACTERS THAT MADE THE SHOW WHAT IT IS!!! No body is gonna wanna have a mai Hime series focusing on John Smith if you know what I mean.

If they ever do make another Mai anime it will most likely be an adaptation of one of the manga(Mai Hime Destiny) Or something Completely new or maybe even a reboot to the series. I highly doubt a TRUE sequel or prequel will ever be made for Mai Hime.

PS.. I'm one of those people who believe that Hime/Otome DO share a connection and anyone who has watched Mai Otome Zwei and the series proper more then once should be able to draw that connection. It is HEAVILY hinted that it takes place on the same planet and is just very far into the future from Mai Hime. It's not far fetched in the LEAST to believe there is a connection as it seems Sunrise was trying to make fans think that in the first case. They would not have put all the things that support the connection theory into Otome unless they wanted people to think there was one.

And I believe that HiME/Otome connection is really overrated man as I said to an earlier post into another message boards, making connection like these doesn't make sense and they put in those homages in Otome (Yes, I said homages.)because they wasted their time and bullish matter, that even it looked like that connection is much more than a third grade science fair project, even thought they didn't had the time to look it over and give it more thought. So they put something as they bought from the trash and then show it to them. That's how I think about the HiME/Otome connection, it's lacks something and poorly manage also poor coordinated. It confuses fans very much.

Now to sequel and prequel matter, I said is this they could be altogether into a trilogy sequel into the next installment for HiME. I know they are going back to the original once again, But seriously all of this Robes/Childs and any other types of materialization could have continue in HiME Universe, because that would make something better for the original coming up soon. But I think the story is not over yet for HiME, not by a long shot, there's alot of work to be done. Also SEARRS or any other organization is lickin thier chops to get those HiME powers even though their are gone, plus the Gate of Valhalla. Also is their one thing about I believe is Bloodlines, I think those there inherited from thier ancestors and families, I'm sure Obsidian Prince chose them by their inhertence and struggles, even District One knew something about them in the beyond from being HiME's.

Also I think that those projects maybe scrapped, because I have not heard of the novel continuing unless thier on Hiatus but I know that Hisayuki-san has something big for only Mai HiME coming up and it maybe turning to an Magical Girl Shounen series that we would get at least a new manga for HiME saga coming soon by the end of this year. That's a specualtion, but not the truth.
BlackJaded

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
BlackJaded wrote:
Reibooi wrote:

And I believe that HiME/Otome connection is really overrated man as I said to an earlier post into another message boards, making connection like these doesn't make sense and they put in those homages in Otome (Yes, I said homages.)because they wasted their time and bullish matter, that even it looked like that connection is much more than a third grade science fair project, even thought they didn't had the time to look it over and give it more thought. So they put something as they bought from the trash and then show it to them. That's how I think about the HiME/Otome connection, it's lacks something and poorly manage also poor coordinated. It confuses fans very much.

Now to sequel and prequel matter, I said is this they could be altogether into a trilogy sequel into the next installment for HiME. I know they are going back to the original once again, But seriously all of this Robes/Childs and any other types of materialization could have continue in HiME Universe, because that would make something better for the original coming up soon. But I think the story is not over yet for HiME, not by a long shot, there's alot of work to be done. Also SEARRS or any other organization is lickin thier chops to get those HiME powers even though their are gone, plus the Gate of Valhalla. Also is their one thing about I believe is Bloodlines, I think those there inherited from thier ancestors and families, I'm sure Obsidian Prince chose them by their inhertence and struggles, even District One knew something about them in the beyond from being HiME's.

Also I think that those projects maybe scrapped, because I have not heard of the novel continuing unless thier on Hiatus but I know that Hisayuki-san has something big for only Mai HiME coming up and it maybe turning to an Magical Girl Shounen series that we would get at least a new manga for HiME saga coming soon by the end of this year. That's a specualtion, but not the truth.

Also, I'm thinking that probably Sunrise pull something achievably by making new stuff while continue the HiME project sequel trilogy down the road. I'm sure Sunrise will pull it off somehow, instead of wasting time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1