• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To Love-Ru, Kuruneko Creators Launch New Manga Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping for another To-LOVE-Ru series, then again they would have to cut Haruna out of the series in order for it to work after what happened.

Still hoping though, or maybe it will be Black Car part 2? I can dream.

Any way SJ sent him to the monthly mag? Guess thats a no brainer after they sent D.Gray-Man to monthly after what happened with that. Still guess I'm going to have to get used to month long waits for manga.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I'm hoping for another To-LOVE-Ru series, then again they would have to cut Haruna out of the series in order for it to work after what happened.

Still hoping though, or maybe it will be Black Cat part 2? I can dream.

Any way SJ sent him to the monthly mag? Guess thats a no brainer after they sent D.Gray-Man to monthly after what happened with that. Still guess I'm going to have to get used to month long waits for manga.

I saw no mention of the author of To-Love-Ru collaborating with Kentaro on this project so it will most likely be a completely new series. I was never a fan of To-Love-ru, hopefully this new series has a more substantantial plot. For the fans of To-Love-Ru, hopefully the manga series is licensed over here someday. Slightly off topic, is Embalming The Another Tale of Frankenstein still being released on a monthly basis?
tebalith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Slightly off topic, is Embalming The Another Tale of Frankenstein still being released on a monthly basis?

Yeah. It's taking a break this month, though.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:

Still hoping though, or maybe it will be Black Car part 2? I can dream.

Kentaro Yabuki did mention after ending Black Cat and before working on To-LOVE-Ru that he wanted to do a spinoff for it eventually that, while being its own series, would also tie up some of the loose ends left in Black Cat and revisit some of the characters.

then again, his fans could also be treated to more Yamato Gensouki. that could have used more than two volumes with a VERY open end.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote
As much as I enjoyed the fact there was tie ins from Black cat to To-LOVE-Ru. (At least Kyoko was in To-LOVE-Ru) a spin off that deals with both storys would be best.

They left a big plot hole in To-LOVE-Ru with Yami's past and the stuff with Black.

Black Cat it ended with a open end deal. I would love to see more but I'm ok with the series as is.

I'm still going on my Train = Black and Yami = Eve ideas Anime hyper
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote
the thing is, Kentaro wasn't the main one in charge of the storyline for To-LOVE-Ru, meaning any connection between that canon and Black Cat's canon is tenuous. personally I'd like his new work to have nothing to do with To-LOVE-Ru since altho he did the art it's really not his story.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 am Reply with quote
The characters in To Love-Ru that were related to Black Cat were obviously totally different characters from those in Black Cat. They looked the same and had very similar personalities, but they definitely weren't the same as those in Black Cat. It's more like they're alternate universe versions of the characters from Black Cat.

In any case, since To Love-Ru ended due to legal issues with his wife, I don't expect that they'll be doing anything more with it. More Black Cat is always a possibility, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1