• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter X Hunter Manga to Reportedly Return on January 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Fingers crossed this gets finished in my life time! lol
skafreak51

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
thank you god, i hope its for a few volumes this time tho
Bell02

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
As much as I loved HxH when I was younger, I'm so disappointed in Togashi. He seems to draw like he's only using School Pens, with many panels looking like quick sketches, and his stories seem more fickle than how the wind blows. I just hope he decides to end this series and finally retire already!
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Three series that I hope will finish (properly) before I die...
Berserk
HunterxHunter
Blade of the Immortal
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Not only do I hope they finish the manga but hopefully oneday the chimera ant arc will be animated. That arc would be ova IV if I recall correctly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
HJSoulma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone actually know what's wrong with the poor guy? Like, does he have something terminal (cancer?), chronic (carpal tunnel? arthritis in his hands?) or is he just unable to work for more than four chapters at a time because of a deal he made with an evil genie in a past life?

I'm glad to hear he's starting up again, but I'm really starting wonder if the joke that his wife will have to draw the manga in his stead is going to come true...
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Hunter x Hunter's art was never that great anyway. But I sure hope this brings the chance of a new animated series... GI Final wasn't satisfying at all.
Lodossdreams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Why do people care about him anymore we all know he will do a few chapters then take another year off.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote
At least he's being predictable. It's pretty much come down to one volume of material a year. He does 10-12 chapters weekly in the magazine, then spends 4-6 months retouching them and making them nicer, then the volume comes out, then about 6 months later he does it again. We should be used to it by now... I know I am. Sad
Sariachan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I just hope he hasn't some serious illness. Sad

I love HxH, more the animated version actually, and hope that with the new material, and when he'll finish the series (I really hope he will), they'll make a new (or more) OAVs series...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ssjwill4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Bell02 wrote:
As much as I loved HxH when I was younger, I'm so disappointed in Togashi. He seems to draw like he's only using School Pens, with many panels looking like quick sketches, and his stories seem more fickle than how the wind blows. I just hope he decides to end this series and finally retire already!

After the first major hiatus of 20 months the chapters started looking really good in jump and not just volumes anymore. Starting with 261 which came out Oct 2007. All sketchy art chapters before that he touched up for the volume releases anyways. Have you even read the new chapters?
Bell02

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
No I stopped reading it since High School which was about the Ant Lion Arc. Honestly, though I don't have the will to pick the series back up.
BlahBloke

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote
HJSoulma wrote:
Does anyone actually know what's wrong with the poor guy? Like, does he have something terminal (cancer?), chronic (carpal tunnel? arthritis in his hands?) or is he just unable to work for more than four chapters at a time because of a deal he made with an evil genie in a past life?

I'm glad to hear he's starting up again, but I'm really starting wonder if the joke that his wife will have to draw the manga in his stead is going to come true...

nah, he jst too busy having sex with his wife everyday, his manga begin to went down after he got married (to the authour of sailor moon - LAME!!!!), n after they got children the guy begin to focus his entire life on the kid... guess now they both ran out money for the kids tution fee n have to come out and draw again....

to be honest if they want animate chimera ant arc they should do it PROPERLY. greed island got fucked up pretty bad... n i eont wish the series to end... i want it keep going forever!!! >.<
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Although this wouldn't be the reason for all the time we waited
he was redrawing volumes. It wasn't a bunch of touch-ups
the volumes were and are completely redrawn.

Even if it's just 10 chapters I'm excited to see what happens with
the Netero vs Ant King fight. I mean you would think Netero is screwed
but yet he seems to have something up his sleeve.

It reminds me of Gon vs Hanzo. Hanzo was clearly superior but because
of the type of fight (whoever gives up loses) Gon was able to win.

Chimera Ant Arc anime would be just plain awesome. The biggest reason is Killua. Killua really showcases his talent in the chimera ant arc. God-speed if done properly will look insanely awesome.

The first chapter of Volume 23 where Killua fights the ants in the tree is what I'm really waiting for to be animated. There's a whole
lot of potentially awesome fighting there. Short but awesome.

Also I'm hoping Viz picks up the OVAs. Although I don't care for Greed Island it still would be cool since the last fight against
the bomber dude was pretty cool.
SCTMule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Hunter x Hunter's art was never that great anyway. But I sure hope this brings the chance of a new animated series... GI Final wasn't satisfying at all.

GI Final was absolutely horrible imo. The spiders seriously need their own series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1