• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin's Katanagatari TV Anime Ads Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 am Reply with quote
Looks like win to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:32 am Reply with quote
Hm, the plot doesn't seem that interesting to me

I'm going to end up watching it any way because of his other work, but I'm not going to base any thoughts after watching just on what else I have seen by him. Because this looks like a way way different story then Bakemonogatari.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
This was already on my Winter list. Come on, if "gatari" is somewhere in the title, it HAS to rawk!
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote
Plot doesn't sound amazing but then neither does Bakemonogatari and we all know how that one ended up rocking the anime community.
Also quite interesting with the release format. Hopefully this will mean OVA quality animation since they have so a month for 60 mins of content, including OP/ED runtime.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this will turn out well, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The novels were also released monthly. Writing a 200+ page novel every month is not a recipe for success; forcing that kind of release schedule for a novel is a gimmick and a bad idea. My Japanese is no where near good enough to read the novels (well at least not other than excruciatingly slowly), but the reviews I've found are underwhelming, and most of the volumes on amazon.co.jp have around a 3 star rating. I think they're hoping to coast on Bakemonogatari's success for this one.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote
The video looks interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBhOyWWE3MQ
Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what? I knew about the one-episode per month thing but each episode one hour long? That's pretty darn epic
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
While I don't expect this to be anywhere near the epicness of Bakemonogatari, which is his best/second best (to Zaregoto light novel) work to date, I'll check this one out anyway. Just don't get your hopes too high people.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
Hopefully this will turn out well, but I'm not getting my hopes up. The novels were also released monthly. Writing a 200+ page novel every month is not a recipe for success; forcing that kind of release schedule for a novel is a gimmick and a bad idea. My Japanese is no where near good enough to read the novels (well at least not other than excruciatingly slowly), but the reviews I've found are underwhelming, and most of the volumes on amazon.co.jp have around a 3 star rating. I think they're hoping to coast on Bakemonogatari's success for this one.

200 pages a month? O_O

No one in there right mind could write that much with out it being some what suck-ish.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe if he double spaces and uses extra wide margins?Laughing

I'd imagine it's something like how Babysitters Club books came out monthly; he writes a plot outline and leaves it to a bunch of ghostwriters to fill 200 pages.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1