• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Dragon Chasing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:38 am Reply with quote
Bayonetta is so ugly, man. Millia is way cooler, and as GG characters go I don't even like her much.

Also, NES Rush 'n Attack is the way to go. It has music.
Rex Hondo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote
Not to be a jerk or anything, since I'm pretty sure you were writing at least partially in jest, but I'm pretty sure Millia, herself, is predated by Medusa from Marvel Comics by quite a few years.
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:44 am Reply with quote
I look forward to your weekly Yun Fang Final Fantasy XIII updates; keep her them coming.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
I haven't been able to get the cards to work in Dragon Knight. I bought it because I used to play the PSOne game on an emulator back in high school, and thought it'd be the same. it doesn't play as nice, even with the classic controller.
B.K.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:17 am Reply with quote
Bob Loblaw wrote:
I look forward to your weekly Yun Fang Final Fantasy XIII updates; keep her them coming.

The Famitsu score is out. They gave it 39/40.
panzer.time

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Track and Field! I actually think I want that for Christmas now. Goodbye banjo...
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote
I don't see why not put those SNK ports to Playstation Network as well. Most people prefer fighting games on PS3. Not saying there is anything wrong with them being on Xbox Live but I would think a PSN version would be great for SNK and also have more people playing them.
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
Blaster Master from Sunsoft was freaken kickass,and Mr Gimmick had to be one of the most challenging difficult games to ever exist,no kidding,for example,in order to get the true ending to rescue the little girl (Gimmick's own) you had to collect all the secret items which was no easy task, Sunsoft also made the chamelion twist games for the N64. Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
For a sec, I thought you were confused about the European release of Yakuza 3 which didn't necessarily guarantee a U.S. version, as Terranigma fans know all too well. But I saw the press release, and I'm glad I didn't buy a Wii for the holidays. Yeah, maybe I'll check out DQ X one day, but that's gonna be out, when, five years from now? Laughing Nintendo really sucks at exclusives. Anyway, you didn't report about the other "surprise" from SEGA. A new Sonic collection. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
And now we can all start bothering Sega about that one.

I'm actually surprised it wasn't released here first, since that kind of game's more marketable here, anyway, given the success of Dynasty Warriors and Onimusha.

Quote:
Not only is it the first Kamen Rider to break into mainstream American kids' entertainment in years,

Surprised you didn't mention the Saban show and the SEGA CD game. It's sad that that video has more viewers than the actual show. Wink

Quote:
And why include the mediocre arcade Contra games when the NES ones are better and more fondly remembered?

'Cus it might be an NES exclusive which Nintendo refuses to let anyone else play? [Speaking of which, I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't cash in with VC ports of Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge.]
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:24 am Reply with quote
Oh my word, that Cid looks awesome!!

Final Fantasy will never be the same again.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:27 am Reply with quote
Has anyone heard about if Yakuza 3 was going to be a PSN title in N.A. or retail? I can't seem to pin that one down.

Anyway, in other news, Etrian Odyssey III has been announced by Atlus, and Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love is slated to be released in February.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yakuza 3 in North America. March 2010.

My condolences.

RIP Yakuza 3
March 2010 - March 2010

Cause of death: Ignored to death while everybody is busy playing Final Fantasy XIII that same month.

Nice timing there Sega, you might want to push the date back a couple months...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad to finally see the Sunsoft library be uploaded to the VC (and who wouldn't considering they make the best soundtracks for NES games), I doubt we'll get everything from them. While it's a given that Blaster Master and Journey to Silius will be uploaded, other games like Batman and Fester's Quest won't see the light of day due to property licensing issues.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote
I actually was kinda disappointed with Bayonetta; not only is Bayonetta a more attention-seeking Millia, BUT she also doesn't have a single unique gameplay mechanic to call her own. Combo system = Ninja Gaiden, weapon switching and eccentric weapons = DMC3 and beyond, Torture attacks = take your pick: Devil Trigger, Ninpo, or Rage of the Gods, woman as a main character = oh come on, this isn't the eighties anymore, it's not that bloody unique.

Honestly Kamiya, this like what would happen if Scorsese copied every gangster movie that copied Goodfellas. Plus why the heck is dodge its own separate button? Using jump has worked well for us for nearly a decade.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
Anyway, in other news, Etrian Odyssey III has been announced by Atlus

Oh boy, more hours of endless rage and frustration! Can't wait Mr. Green
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2