• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakuman. Manga's TV Anime Confirmed for Fall 2010

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keyl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote
It was a matter of time. anything these guys makes is gold.. atleast this manga is! DN was ok o.o..
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
Never bothered to read the manga, but the combo involved is enough to peak my interest.
The plot doesn't sound all that exciting but then again, neither did Death Note's and that went on to become a wordwide hit.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote
Keyl wrote:
It was a matter of time. anything these guys makes is gold.. atleast this manga is! DN was ok o.o..

I didn't watch DN because it looked to angsty, but Bakuman is my second favorite Shonen title currently. I really enjoy reading the manga and the chapters are so well drawn and written.

Mostly the artwork really, really impresses me, but the story is also pretty awesome as well. Hopefully Viz Media licenses the anime some day, I am sure I'd enjoyed watching the anime as well.

This is fantastic news.
sepherest

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Yesss.
I haven't had much interest in the more recent Shonen Jump manga anime adaptations, but this is definately something I am looking forward to.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:16 pm Reply with quote
My only hope is Madhouse is doing it like for Death Note.
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Finally!
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Yes :3

also I find it funny how a manga about two people becoming mangaka for SJ in order to get a anime so there dream can come true. Is getting a anime before they get one in the story Anime hyper
spartydragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
Yes :3

also I find it funny how a manga about two people becoming mangaka for SJ in order to get a anime so there dream can come true. Is getting a anime before they get one in the story Anime hyper

Lol! Yeah.

Anyway...

BAKUMAAAAAN
BAKUMAN!
Ba ba ba ba ba!
Bakumaaaan!

The Gintaman song works for so many things. X)
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I still need to look into the manga, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it, so this is great news for me too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sariachan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I only read the first 2 or 3 chapters of the manga but I absolutely loved it, so this is great news in my opinion! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Patches

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Already? The series is only at chapter 66. That's not even enough material for a 26-episode series unless it's padded with quite a bit of original material.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Never bothered to read the manga, but the combo involved is enough to peak my interest.
The plot doesn't sound all that exciting but then again, neither did Death Note's and that went on to become a wordwide hit.

Pretty much the same deal with me. ONly skimmed some of the manga's first chapters, but it seems like it has enough potential.

One of my biggest concerns I hope this tag-team has fixed since DN is the unfortunate roles given to any female characters. Confused
Crystal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Even though it'll probably be good, I'm not excited for 2 reasons . . .

It'll increase its fanbase to the point where it gets annoying, because all the "watch anime, but not read manga"-types. Look at Death Note's fanbase. You wonder how such an intelligent series has a fanbase mostly consisting of squealing fangirls who overlook some of the series' best traits. I mean, some fans seem to think the Death Note movie is "a live-action movie of an anime" whereas the movie came first.

The other is the seiyuu choices . . . I seriously doubt they'll cast anyone over the age of 23.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully the fan base will not turn in to a Death Note type one.

Really Bakuman and Death Note are two very different manga, so fans of one series may not like it.

Though a bigger fan base might not hurt, I mean the manga does well in Japan so it wouldn't hurt for more people to learn about the series.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:32 pm Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm so excited, I have been reading the manga since it started, and I can't wait to see Mashiro and Takagi animated!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2