• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Changes Stream Date for Inuyasha: The Final Act

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grapeofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
That's a shame. I was looking forward to seeing it later today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
grapeofdeath wrote:

And unfortunately there's no new news if it's ever going to get an english dub let alone that the original cast from Ocean Studios will be doing it. Not good news for dub fans at all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Were they having trouble keeping up with the pace? Seemed like the last couple episodes went up later in the day than the rest had.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hanajima Arashi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice to have a little explanation on this one, since it does affect us. A bit more than "we're changing it kthxbai" would be appropriate.

If it's because they're having trouble keeping up with the pace, I guess a change of release is the best thing. Better have it late than done poorly.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
grapeofdeath wrote:

And unfortunately there's no new news if it's ever going to get an english dub let alone that the original cast from Ocean Studios will be doing it. Not good news for dub fans at all

Be more patient the show is only at episode 10
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:

Be more patient the show is only at episode 10

I know but with the success of the original series on AS, I though it would have been a no brainer when the final act came out. Both the US and Japan released Kite Liberator at the same release date, so if they could there's no saying that this series could cause if pokemon diamond and pearl can run new eps since from the beginning and be like 2-3 months ( which is about at least 50 eps ) behind of the japan epsiodes why can't the others especially this one???

cause releasing both would make sense.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GloriousMaximus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Were they having trouble keeping up with the pace? Seemed like the last couple episodes went up later in the day than the rest had.

Emerje

That's possible, but maybe it was too expensive to have people speed-sub the series, maybe they weren't generating enough revenue from advertisements or whatever. But yeah a lack of explanation is sad, but not unexpected. It's not like a company would announce the reasons for these sorts of things.
MangaNeko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:54 am Reply with quote
Personally I think they are making this move, because xmas and New Years both fall on FRI this season and not much work will be achieved in time to post episodes that SAT. Hopefully after the New Year they will return to posting episodes on SAT.
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
The show will now be streamed on Mondays instead of Saturdays.

This is not sad.

This does not have anything to do with any dub that might be made in the future.

This probably has more to do with working out the timing of getting materials from Japan, and keeping the people who have to speed sub it from hanging themselves.

Geez, lighten up people.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
This actually works for me, it means I can watch it right after I watch Fairy Tail on Crunchy! Six of my weekly streams come out within 72 hours of each other, and they're on days I work (at my job, Friday is my Monday) That way, it's Shippuuden and FMA Thursday, Reborn Friday, and One Piece and Tegami Bachi on Saturday without any rush!

On another note, I'm noticing that this is definitely the "Cliffs Notes: Inuyasha...It was common knowledge that they were cramming 30 volumes of manga into 26 episodes of anime, but it seems really...rushed...not the subs, they're fine, it's the plot. There are times when I'm like, "did I miss something?" because when I look at Wikipedia's summary of what each manga volume's plot involves, the anime jumps around, takes stuff out of order, etc...i.e. a plot element happens two episodes before another plot point that was two volumes after that in the manga...Don't get me wrong, I like the series, it just gets confusing sometimes...That and the fact that they cut more out than a Harry Potter movie...
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
vashthekaizoku wrote:
On another note, I'm noticing that this is definitely the "Cliffs Notes: Inuyasha...It was common knowledge that they were cramming 30 volumes of manga into 26 episodes of anime, but it seems really...rushed...not the subs, they're fine, it's the plot. There are times when I'm like, "did I miss something?" because when I look at Wikipedia's summary of what each manga volume's plot involves, the anime jumps around, takes stuff out of order, etc...i.e. a plot element happens two episodes before another plot point that was two volumes after that in the manga...Don't get me wrong, I like the series, it just gets confusing sometimes...That and the fact that they cut more out than a Harry Potter movie...

The pacing threw me off, as well--it seems like they want to finally get all of the loose threads resolved, and quickly. While I actually do like that they are keeping this a lot more to the point (other than the side-bit with the fox tribe), introducing a few more side-elements to balance out the serious drama might not hurt.
Katane

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quote
This could be a whole lot worse. They could say that they won't be doing the simulcast anymore which would have some people resort to illegal fansubbing. Plus you can always check the episodes out whenever you have time so it's not like it's the end of the world or anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, whenever Viz starts publishing this one for U.S. DVD release, I'll definitely pick it up. It's shaping up to be a pretty strong ending for the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1