• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: British Anime Net Dancer Beckii Cruel Forms Girl Band

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Do any of them actually speak Japanese or will this be a reverse-Engrish affair?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 pm Reply with quote
14? Oh boy...

I gotta wonder how they're going to "sing". I'll assume they're just going to lip-sync it.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
14? Oh boy...

I gotta wonder how they're going to "sing". I'll assume they're just going to lip-sync it.

Oh, anyone can sing. Just look at Ashlee Simpson.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Dear god... is this what the world's come to? Are we seriously making pop stars out of random, hyperventilating, cosplaying teenage girls dancing to foreign pop music in their bedrooms?? Anime hyper

I weep for the brain this appeals to.

Shiroi Hane wrote:
Do any of them actually speak Japanese or will this be a reverse-Engrish affair?

After watching a couple of her vids on Youtube, I'm gonna have to go with the latter.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
DANJO DANJO DA-DAN-JO!

Good for her! I found her videos cute. I heard about her on 4Chan. Had no idea she was that big of a hit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:43 am Reply with quote
LordPrometheus wrote:
Dear god... is this what the world's come to? Are we seriously making pop stars out of random, hyperventilating, cosplaying teenage girls dancing to foreign pop music in their bedrooms?? XD

I weep for the brain this appeals to.

Shiroi Hane wrote:

After watching a couple of her vids on Youtube, I'm gonna have to go with the latter.

Honestly, I myself have to wonder the exact same thing? How is she any diffrent than any other female fan? Anyone can sing or lip sync and can cosplay as well.

I wonder if she even understands, much less can speak Japanese? Times sure have changed though.
hakojo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Honestly, I myself have to wonder the exact same thing? How is she any diffrent than any other female fan? Anyone can sing or lip sync and can cosplay as well.

I think there's some kind of sweet spot right in between being so horrible that you're just embarrassing yourself and so good that people can't identify with and love you. Fewer people hit it than one might think.
AnimeGuy1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
LMFAO I just watched a few of her videos and holy s**t that's it?! she's famous for doing some stupid little dance that's more like just flaying around.
Labbes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:21 am Reply with quote
Seriously, it's not like that is happening for the first time. Look at Aaron Carter, for instance. He was nine when he released his first album. Or that little black kid who did some "gangsta" songs - forgot his name, though.
She's popular, people like her, so as long as she enjoys it, who am I to care?
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote
It's just the latest iteration of the Japanese Cult of the Cute and as I have said before, I hope she makes the most out of her 15 minutes of fame, I think she still has a few minutes left.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote
The one with the yellow ribbon on her hand is the cutest to be honest... the one in the middle just looks kind of stuck up (maybe it's the shape of her face? I mean she's pretty, for a kid, but still)... I'm assuming that's Beckii?
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote
TsubomiKoneko wrote:
The one with the yellow ribbon on her hand is the cutest to be honest... the one in the middle just looks kind of stuck up (maybe it's the shape of her face? I mean she's pretty, for a kid, but still)... I'm assuming that's Beckii?

The "yellow ribbon" is the French girl. Beckii is on her left(or center of the picture). Though it didn't take me more than a couple seconds to realize who was the French... without reading the news.
Lames

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
Damn! Where are the pedophiles when you need them to scare little girls away from doing things like this?
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:49 am Reply with quote
It's basically a U-15 idol thing, right? Talent's not important, it's just for satisfying the Japanese consumer who fetishizes over foreign girls. See: candydoll.tv (Possibly NSFW).
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:06 pm Reply with quote
It screams jailbait. Oh.... Wait... This... Is... JAPAN!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2