• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Fumiko's Confession' Nominated for YouTube Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote
What is SOUR doing on here? Will watch these videos later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
liko-2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote
I didn't get the point/plot of some of the videos. However, "the TV show" is now my newest favorite video to watch on Youtube. I've never heard of SOUR, but that PV was pretty fun to watch and the music wasn't half bad either. Smile
Iritscen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
My picks:

#1 Mitsumeteita no Datta -Chisato stared-
Spell-binding every second, impossible to turn away from. Hints of a solid grasp of steady flowing animation, but drawn by an artist with manic energy compelling him to keep pushing to find a new level. Somehow it feels like the best video without even understanding what it's about.

#2 Doudou1
So calming and cute, yet touching and intriguing. Beautiful individual style here, and it invites you to lose yourself in the detailed atmosphere.

#3 The TV show
Impossible not to like, and obviously the funniest of the videos. New stuff to see every time, and the artist is a one-man style-changing powerhouse. Lacks the feeling of personal statement that many of the videos have.

#4 Fumiko's Confession
Too short and simple to rate higher, and lacking original music, but it does an excellent job of conveying high velocity and cartoon physics.

#5 Love Mouse
I'd rate this higher if there weren't other shorts that were deeper and better to look at. But strangely disturbing and funny at the same time, although the last shot doesn't make sense to me so it kind of ruins the effect of the short.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1