• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the worst anime you know of?

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cappygurl1709

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Im just wondering about peoples opinions..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Thats kinda hard for me but i haft to say........ i really cant thik of one right now. Crying or Very sad Sad
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Tekken the motion picture....or Slayers the motion picture. But they are both OAV's and not series'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Big O, it's so boring. Why is it even on? Oh yeah it has a huge fan following.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Proman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Duel Masters has horrible animation and bad storyline. Plus I think it rips off Yu-Gi-Oh.
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Sakura Diaries. There's no payoff at the end whatsoever.
Dream_Online

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Whats wrong with Big O?

It seems like the very few Anime shows I like, people hate.

Anyway I hate Pokemon. It was kinda neat when the story followed the game, but it just got really stupid after a while.
Mitsuhide A.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Saiyuki, I just couldnt get through that series it was too repetitive and a total let down.
Legato666

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Lupin The III
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:16 am Reply with quote
Legato666 wrote:
Lupin The III

...because...?

Providing reasons helps, y'know. Especially when the "worst anime" you mention is a genuinely timeless classic of the medium like Lupin.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quote
Legato666 wrote:
Lupin The III

Blasphemy
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:30 am Reply with quote
I don't know if it is even considered anime or not, but the megaman cartoon/anime is awful. It was painful getting through the first episode...and for me I usually give a series at least seven or eight eps to grab my interest.

Tekken the movie was horrible, so was (IMO) Escaflowne the movie. Tekken for obvious reasons, everything about it was bad.

Escaflowne because everything was really weird. The character all of the sudden had magic powers, Hitmoi was spoiler[suicidal], and the thing just did not have very good flow in my opinion. Although the animation was pretty good, that was the movie's only saving grace IMO.

~LoneWolf
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:42 am Reply with quote
Dream_Online wrote:
Whats wrong with Big O?

It seems like the very few Anime shows I like, people hate.

Anyway I hate Pokemon. It was kinda neat when the story followed the game, but it just got really stupid after a while.

Uh... the only time the anime didn't follow the game was in the second season with the Orange Island story arc. Right now they are following the Ruby/ Sphaire games.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:49 am Reply with quote
Lone Wolf and Cub wrote:
Escaflowne because everything was really weird. The character all of the sudden had magic powers, Hitmoi was spoiler[suicidal], and the thing just did not have very good flow in my opinion. Although the animation was pretty good, that was the movie's only saving grace IMO.

Totally agree! After watching the Ecaflowne tv series, I had high hopes for the movie but not infact knowing if it was a sequal or a retelling before watching it. But the destinct things such as character relastionships and their personalities change horribly.

But by far the worst anime tv series I have ever seen would have to be Star Ocean EX. What a crappy rip of the video game. The show was really poorly done with sketchy looking character designs and lame kiddy humor which isn't nearly close to being funny, each episode was about 25 minutes of pure boredom. I'm so glad I stopped watching that series around episode 10. There are also a couple of crappy gundam shows....G Gundam and SD Gundam but I really don't feel like explaining why...If you've seen those gundams you should already know. Oh yeah and Zoids (the one with Bit Cloud).. Geez, I can't stand those lame ass hero types who remind me of Ash from pokemon... I havn't mentioned Tekken or Ninja Resurrection because I havn't seen them... from what I hear they're really bad so I've desided just to stay away from the altogether... but if I had seen them I'd probably be complaining about how crappy they are like the rest of you Laughing
Amibite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:21 am Reply with quote
Funny story about Duel Masters.

Back when Yuugiou first came to America under the disguise of Yu-Gi-Oh! Enter the Shadow Realm, Wizards of the Coast vollunteered to handle the OCG if they ever brought it over (They would, only reason 4-Kids got the show and not Funi or Genon)

4-Kids/Konami of America was going to let them, but they wanted Wizards to do everything they say and butcher the card game so it wouldn't be easy to get into like the Japanese version and jack up all the prices and such.

Wizards disagreed and wanted to bring it over fairly, so they were dropped and instead Konami gave it to Upperdeck, who was willing to do anything it's master would say.

Wizards was disappointed and seeked revenge. They contacted Corocoro comics in Japan and had them print weekly manga about Magic: The Gathering. For seven volumes the manga did very well, then Wizards decided to change the game to Duel Masters. They made the card game and then then they had an anime be made. Their final phase was coming...

By this time, the YGO game in America was more than crap. The cards were edited beyond relief, they mashed and mixed sets together and made it impossible to make a deck without shelling out over 500 dollars. 4-Kids/Upperdeck's/Konami's scheme was working perfectly.

Wizards then got Duel Masters liscenced and it came over to America to kill YGO.

That's how Wizards got it's revenge on 4-Kids and Konami.

They even dubbed the show as bad as 4-Kids dubbed YGO. They threw in obvious jokes, reused stock footage, and totally altered it in every single way. They were mocking what 4-Kids did to the anime, and proving that even though Duel Masters was butchered, it was doing well.

So Duel Masters is Wizards way of

1. Making fun of turning Yuugiou into a marketing anime
2. Not getting the license
3. Making a quick buck while doing so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14