• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zettai Karen Children Manga Gets OVA Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Lind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:00 am Reply with quote
Well... This is not very great actually.

What sort of an OVA? They can't possibly try to continue the story in form of video original anime? There is too much manga already for OVA series, although not enough for a TV season probably.
Or is it gonna be a special?

And since revenue apparently warranted an OVA production, will we see the first season on Bluray? (original R2 DVDs are absolutely horrible in quality).

This isn't as good as expected, that's for certain.
RZetlin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:10 am Reply with quote
I was hoping for a second season not an OVA.

The manga as progress with a lot of story material that cannot be covered with an OVA.

Maybe a "Genshiken" will be pulled, and a second season will be announced after the OVA.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:28 am Reply with quote
geez... not another Ranma 1/2 ! Anime cry

Oh, maybe this will be a "School Rumble Mid Term Extra" or "Mahoromatic Special" kind of thing, a special OVA to taste the ground for the 2nd season... because this anime MUST have a sequel, there's no point in ending it now.

Also, I knew the dvds sales were good...
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I wish it was a second season but I can't complain about more ZKC
Saphiro01

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:59 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I wish it was a second season but I can't complain about more ZKC

Agreed and seconded. If you weren't scared off by the first episode of the TV series (which took a LOT of liberties from the manga beginning), the rest was quite a treat. Some people couldn't get past the creepy town effect of Kaoru acting like a dirty old man in a 10 year old girls body Laughing . Muscle okama and his Big magnum Reaaaaallllly didn't help either Rolling Eyes . Honestly the series does not step into loli bait any worse than Evangelion ever did (which is to say the content and characters depth far outweigh any reminders that we were watching a set of 14 year olds nude and in sexual situations). I would say something like Sky Girls is a relative 9 to Zettai Karen Children's 3 or 3.5 on the Loli subjective scale. That and Minamoto, the girls guardian, keeps them in check and acts like a responsible adult that isn't into little girls at all (though Kaoru, Aoi and Shiho LOVE to tease him for being young and a guy as you might expect).

If you haven't watched past episode 1 of ZKC, please give it a second chance through about episode 4 or 5. You will get hooked.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:19 am Reply with quote
This series was the biggest guilty pleasure in all my history of watching anime. I so wish I didn't have to feel any guilt.

With that said, I can only hope that the anime continues in any way possible, preferably without switching out the team a la Hayate the Combat Butler.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
With that said, I can only hope that the anime continues in any way possible, preferably without switching out the team a la Hayate the Combat Butler.

JC Staff did a good job with Hayate 2 though.
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Good News! Yeah!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1