• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Manga

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure vol. 11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Gurren Lagann Set 03 Limited Edition! Yes, I bought it for the soundtrack, the manga, not so much, but I love the music from the show. I just have to buy Set 02 now and I'm set.
zhir

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Got:

08th MS Team as singles (reversible covers FTW)

The fifth volume of FMA (I own most of the show in the form of random singles. I've decided to finish rather than buy the season sets.)

The Lupin III pack with the first 5 movies (Hastings still has some copies left for cheap)

The last two volumes of Flag.
wormraper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Gasaraki Vol's 1 and 3-8 (volume 2 is in the mail from amazon marketplace)
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Finally broke down and bought the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum thinpack.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 am Reply with quote
From TRSI Weekly Specials:
Hidamari Sketch season one
Kyo Kara Maoh! season two
Metropolis
The Wallflower parts one & two

I was going to wait for a Sentai/Section 23 sale for Hidamari Sketch but decided to cast my vote now for them to get season two.
Wooga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:56 am Reply with quote
Phoenix vol 7 and 10 (since its going out of print)
Maximum Ride vol 2
Rozen Maiden 8
Dogby Walks Alone 2 (surprised there is one!)
Overman King Gainer Japanese art box (gorgeous!!)
Not anime related but got the Collector's DVD gift sets of Hellboy, Hellboy 2, and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for $9 each.
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Just placed an order for Queen Emeraldas off Amazon Marketplace. It was listed used - like new, so we'll see how like new it is when it arrives.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote
driverstart wrote:
Here's everything I got from Christmas and what I got with Christmas money! Also, I got more than usual since the WaldenBooks in my town is going out of buisness and everything is 30% off!

I was about to wonder if you lived near me until I remembered that practically every Waldenbooks is going out of business. Mines up to 50% off of all manga, but I just bought everything that was avaliable that I had wanted D: I did get a lovely SAT prep book on sale though. Hardy har har. Anime hyper
wormraper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quote
Twelve Kingdoms from the BB media blasters sale
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:58 am Reply with quote
Finished up Final Fantasy Unlimited and Shadow Star Narutaru. Also got some artboxes for my Ergo Proxy and Love Hina singles. I was HOPING to finish off the last couple volumes of Super Robot Wars with TRSI's sale, but they are unfortunately out of stock... Sad Happy New Year crazies! Do yourselves a favor and start off the year with buying a sh*t ton of anime.

Oh yeah, bought Kujibiki Unbalance volume 3 and had to reorder Genshiken 2 volume 3 from the Best Buy website because none of the stores near me got it in on the release date. Wonder if anyone else ran into the problem of it being backordered... I was really excited to watch it, but I guess I'll have to wait a couple weeks Sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah, it's the first day of the new year (and decade) and what better way to celebrate than making a TRSI order! Here's what I pulled the trigger on:

Alien Nine Ultimate Collection DVD (Hyb) + Graphic Novels $12.99
Baccano! DVD Complete Series (Hyb) $33.75
Claymore DVD Complete Series Box Set (Hyb) $47.25
Spice and Wolf Season 1 DVD Complete Season 1 (Hyb) $35.99
Wallflower, The DVD Complete Collection Part 1 (Hyb) 1 $14.99
Wallflower, The DVD Complete Collection Part 2 (Hyb) 1 $14.99

I kick myself for not ordering the Alien Nine collection a while back when it was on special for $9.99. Baccano! is a blind buy for me, but I've heard too many good things to be worried about that. I've seen the first two dubbed episodes of Claymore and really liked them so it's on the list. Spice and Wolf is another blind buy that I'm not worried about. And I love taking advantage of the weekly specials when two half sets are sold for $15 each, ergo the Wallflowers.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I did some calculating and added up all my Rightstuf, Amazon, Ebay, Secondspin, Gohastings, Buy.com and Deepdiscount orders and that came out to a total of:

$2,665.10 for the year of 2009 (minus shipping).

It seems like a lot, but when you consider I have 153 items in my collection, it totals to only about $17.42 per item. For the curious, it's also $222.09 per month. I think it's perfectly OK to have a $200 limit a month, so I'm not concerned.

I guess it's better to spend that money on anime than crack.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
So I head to Borders for a 2010 calendar (50 percent off and I had a $5 rewards certificate) and I also walk out with Perfect Blue. I watched that one in the days of VHS. Since its been so long, it should be almost a fresh viewing experience. I then head to the Best Buy in the same plaza, and walk out with The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, TV and OVA sets. That's pretty much a blind buy, but I've heard good things about the series. And the price was too good to pass up.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote
That's a highly respectable total, KoH. I spent a little over $5,000 CDN on anime in 2009 and given my after tax income and other spending committments, that was WAY over what I should have spent. Right now, an annual expenditure of $1,000 would be a reasonable figure for my budget.

I can't help but think that $5,000 would have got me an awfully nice home entertainment system or paid for a pretty decent 2-week vacation abroad. Oh well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 459 of 1399