• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Hero Tales, Master of Martial Hearts

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I've never seen Resort Boin, but I do recall seeing a very nice (and also very naked) illustration that was suppose to be related to that. Can't say either title it really gripping me though, know little about either and only seen an episode of Hero Tales and nothing of Platonic Hearts (that I can recall at any rate)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

I was expecting something more exciting...
Gyt Kaliba

Both of these sound pretty interesting to me. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Too soon to say whether I'd buy either of these or not. But on the plus side they don't seem to be too well known so I can't get overdosed with hype about either one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:27 pm Reply with quote
There's something to be said about bringing over lesser know series. However, that primary image on the webpage for Master of Martial Hearts, is... in the words of Darth Vader (the real one, not Zac) "Most Impressive". Twisted Evil
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Hero Tales sounds kind of boring and I'll wait til they start streaming some eps before making a decision. Platonic Friendship, on the other hand, sounds like some hardcore ecchi fun. Every now and then, all I need is some hardcore ecchi fun. It still sounds a little iffy and I'll for streams there as well, but it definitely sounds like a buy if I can get it for pretty cheap.

So with one anime announcement yesterday and two today, do we get three tomorrow?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Hero Tales is the most generic manga I have ever read. I was surprised when I heard this was AFTER Fullmetal Alchemist. I thought manga-ka were supposed to go forward not backward.

Is this like a series of licensing? I'm assuming FUNImation is thinking quantity over quality.
Maruna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize Hero Tales had an anime. If I'd known, I would have expected Arakawa's other adaptations to be picked up.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I second that it's to early to tell if these shows will be worth caring about I don't know enough about them so I will have to look into them.

However that's not what I'm annoyed with here.

What the hell is up with Funi announcing shows so far in advance of the release of said show? I mean really? Spring 2011? It's gonna take a year and a half to translate/dub a show that's only 6 episodes? HUH?

Why announce it now if it's gonna take so long. Everyone will have long since forgotten about it come it's release day and will probably be confused as to what exactly it is yet again.

Seriously they do not need to announce something AS SOON as they get it(at least I don't think they do. Please correct me if I am wrong on that).

Look at Section 23 they are announcing things and then on average releasing the show they announced 2-3 months after. Now granted they are not doing dubs but seriously a year and half for 6 episodes? I don't think the dub can take that long. Especially when you consider how fast Viz and Bang zoom are dubbing something like Bleach.

Would it be so hard to wait for the show to be almost ready then announce it? I mean if the show is something most people don't know they will have forgotten about it. If the show is something people really wanted then the wait will be unbearable and they might resort to stuff like fansubs to see the show sooner. They might go to fansubs without a announcement as well which goes to show you can't please everyone but still. For those of us(like me) who like to buy the DVD's it's annoying to see a announcement with a release date that's so far away. Looking forward to the show or not.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:43 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
So with one anime announcement yesterday and two today, do we get three tomorrow?

That would be nice... Three exciting titles that fans actually want announced tomorrow!

But I can't see that happening. It'll probably just be one. I can't help but feel like them announcing Live-Action films were just filler to make up for their lack of more exciting acquisitions.

I don't know, these titles could be something good, but from what others have said it doesn't really look like that. I will likely still check out Hero's Tale, though.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Is it too early to say that this "Riot" is putting me to sleep? I know the industry's in a slump, but this is more like shopping for licenses at the 99 cent store. Hopefully there'll be something more interesting announced tomorrow.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quote
WTF if funimation thinking? Have you guys seen the ratings for these horrible anime? I have no idea why they would pick up anime with such horrible ratings and reviews.

Master of Martial Hearts:
anime#10150

Jyushin Enbu Hero Tales:
anime#8281

Such a joke, hopefully they will release some good anime tomorrow.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm searching through the Google Images of Master of Martial Hearts (love the name; might make that a username somewhere) and I'm seeing a lot of boobies. A lot. Hardcore Ikki Tousen? I hope so. My anticipation of this show has gone up a good bit.

@Reibooi
I like how they announce a show and then releases later down the road. It means less money I have spend on a Funimation at once. Besides, I think it'd be worse to flood all their titles at once because it means less work will be put into each one. Wasn't flooding the market a big problem during the bubble? Bottom Line: they have a lot of shows and take their time to make them good, that's cool with me.

Also, they hype there shows with trailers so people never totally forget them and S23 never hypes their stuff and I've honestly forgotten that they've had certain shows sometimes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I'll definitely save my judgement until the shows come out next year, but it is a little strange that they picked these shows that are not only "unknown" but are also short in length.

my theory (or, maybe it's more like wishful thinking) is that they got something super awesome and expensive to license (*cough*sailormoon*cough*) but still needed some other series for the upcoming year, so they bought things that were a little on the cheaper side to make up for it.

I dunno. guess we'll find out tomorrow!
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:

What the hell is up with Funi announcing shows so far in advance of the release of said show? I mean really? Spring 2011? It's gonna take a year and a half to translate/dub a show that's only 6 episodes? HUH?

Why announce it now if it's gonna take so long. Everyone will have long since forgotten about it come it's release day and will probably be confused as to what exactly it is yet again.

I don't see the problem. When these shows originally aired, they were forgotten. Razz

FUNi just needs to stream them at the appropriate time imo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5