• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Visual Novel - Does anyone have their own, original?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:04 am Reply with quote
-- removed --

Last edited by boki on Sat May 21, 2011 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koji98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think you need to release your engine and have people work with it themselves and create a visual novel, if what you are trying to do is get your engine known. If you want to start a group that makes visual novels, then you should just come up with a quick "demo" story, which just shows off the features of your engine, that way people will be able to see that you will actually be able to make something and not just be bullshitting them.

If you need something for like a test VN to see if your engine works, then I can probably make a script the equivalent of a short story and toss you some music I've made in the past.
boki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:54 am Reply with quote
-- removed --

Last edited by boki on Sat May 21, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
boki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:51 pm Reply with quote
-- removed --

Last edited by boki on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Koji98

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quote
That's a pretty nifty thing you made there. I can see this being used for small groups wanting to make visual novels broken up in weekly episodes or something like that, kind of like what Scrubbing did with May Sky.

Only thing I think that needs work is a fast forward function, and maybe a border so that everything fits in a predefined window, unless that's done when someone uploads the thing.

This is getting me interested. I'd be willing to help with writing if you're able to get a team together. Send me an email if you want to talk some more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1