• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids CEO Takes Pay Cut, Execs' Pay Tied to Ownership

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
"Kahn will make US$765,000 in 2010."

Oh geez, if that's how much Kahn makes after a PAY CUT, who knows how much Fukunaga from FUNi must be pulling down. Shocked

I think it might not be much longer before there is no 4Kids if things don't turn around for them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Gen Fukunaga makes $363,000.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=NAVR

Executve salaries of public companies are generally easy to find.

EDIT: He's also received 6250 shares of Navarre stock since November 2008, of which he's sold 1654, leaving 4596 valued at 2.13 per share. ($9789.48)

(fixed math)

Last edited by DerekTheRed on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Related, but it seems that 4Kids restored the subtitled Yugioh! DM back on their youtube. You can findepisode 1 here, for example. Though, the show page hasn't been restored as of yet.
Prede

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
WoW Kahn made around 800k a year before this paycut. One can only imagine how much he was making during the golden years of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh Shocked . Still at least the man is cutting his salary, instead of laying off people.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
4Kids is going under. And honestly, I don't feel any sympathy for them. They constantly ignored and neglected their audience in favor of their twisted ideas of what kids want, and now their ignorance is getting back at them. This has been coming from years and years of constant bad decisions and their general cockiness from Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Prede wrote:
Still at least the man is cutting his salary, instead of laying off people.

Yeah, say what you will about the man's other business practices or the company itself, but you really do gotta respect him for that at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
E-Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I too could care less if this company is going under. I completely disliked how they changed One Piece when they use to own the series and made it look like crap in America. And right now that series is making better progress when Funimation got their hands on it.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I hate 4KIDS for how they've runned various anime series, but you've got to give them credit for the success of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
Just a shame that they didn't want to catter to the regular anime fans.
If only they would have released the likes of One Piece uncut on DVD then we might not be seeing a news article like this...
Ah well, credits to the guy for taking the pay cut.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
To the guys above me: what a-holes. You guys know that these are real people in danger of losing their jobs, correct? You're going to think they deserve it? IT'S REAL PEOPLE.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
To the guys above me: what a-holes. You guys know that these are real people in danger of losing their jobs, correct? You're going to think they deserve it? IT'S REAL PEOPLE.

Who cares? Bad companies with crappy products go out of business. It's how business works. I don't feel sorry for them. They can find new jobs like everyone else who lost jobs at companies recently doing far more important work than doing hack job editing work on anime and probably being over-paid for it. God knows an idiot like Khan doesn't deserve that kind of salary compared to an autoworker or whoever else.
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow, dude what a self absorbed asshat you are. Find a job? You think that's easy in this economy? It's fine if you don't care, but don't say they deserved it. Companies are all hierarchy, the people up top make the decisions, the workers just do their job.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
That's good of him, but I'd say there could be more to be cut off of that fat payslip.
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that they won't be doing anymore anime but I am glad they got rid of TMNT before they started to epic fail.
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
kefkaownsall wrote:
I'm happy that they won't be doing anymore anime but I am glad they got rid of TMNT before they started to epic fail.

Same here, I was glad they did concluded the TMNT series. I was a big fan of it, and I think the TV movie was the perfect way to conclude it instead of trying to make another season.

With that series being done, I find 4kids to be meaningless without a good line up of TV series.
Katane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
That's never a good sign If the head honcho has to take a pay cut to keep business running. Let's hope they can get things back on track.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2