• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Big Windup, Senkō no Night Raid Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 am Reply with quote
Ahhhhh.....Oofuri. I don't blame Funimation for not releasing season 2, but maybe some American publisher could release it with subtitles? I know it's a long shot, but it happened with Super Gals (thanks Nozomi!).
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
We might get lucky and CR picks it up. Not sure how I would feel if a different company would risk picking it up. If nothing happens then we still have a really great fansub group that does alot of sports animes. They always do a good job.

And I really want that DS game. But what are the odds for a domestic release? sigh...
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
Maybe the Sgt. Frog game will get licensed, if we buy it's other adaptions...

I've already purchased the first two realeases from Funi, and i haven't looked back!
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
I don't blame Funimation at all. If a series doesn't sell, the logical course of action is to cut the losses and not license the second season.

But that doesn't mean Bandai, Media Blasters or other legitimate companies won't license the second season. But the chances of a English audio are now 50/50.

I enjoyed the first season because of the realisticness of the series. I've seen sports shows and some of them were all fictional and weren't realistic at all.

So far though, the only sports series I've actually really enjoyed was Eyeshield 21 though. Big Windup is number two though.
walkerlegend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote
i really hope someone license season two cus i really enjoyed season one its a really good anime...if people give it a chance i think they would like it and im not even a baseball fan im a football ban "Go Buccaneers"
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I'll be ordering the first 13 episodes of Big Windup soon. I had seen advertisements and finally watched Funimation's streamed episodes. I can't blame theme for not picking up season 2, though...Sports anime/manga just doesn't seen to work here (generally), and after those sales...Ironically, I have no real interest in sports, yet I have a fondness for (realistic) shows/etc about them, particularly baseball. Rookies has to be one of my favorite manga series.

Maybe CR will pick it up, or some other quality company. I want to own these on DVD, it's just not something I can watch on CR and be totally content with. Though, at this point, anything's better than not seeing it at all.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
I really hope we will at least see a subbed release in the US! Sad
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quote
I never cared for the dub so I wouldn't mind a sub-only DVD release for the second season of Oofuri.

Btw, that promo video is for the digest DVD coming out in March, not the second season.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:50 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
I never cared for the dub so I wouldn't mind a sub-only DVD release for the second season of Oofuri.

Btw, that promo video is for the digest DVD coming out in March, not the second season.

The first half of the promo video covers the digest DVD, but the second half covers the second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1