• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2004 [2004-07-19]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Shocked How can this article according be over 3 years old when it's was first posted less than 24 hours ago?

Last edited by mrfood on Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jimu00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:06 pm Reply with quote
"This article is over 3.99 years old. It's kinda late to discuss it!"

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing.
Kyo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, i was about to say the same thing. lol

Anyway, the Inuyasha movie only being available to subscribers of Viz mailing lists?! I would think that it would be more popular in theatres as it is one of the most popular shows on Adult Swim Action.
Aleclom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Ya, i thought Inuyasha would be available to more people. What I'm really excited about is the Flame of Recca anime. Can't wait 'till October!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:25 am Reply with quote
Unflipped Sorcerer Hunters, eh?

Good thing I'd been holding out for this.
Ginji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:17 am Reply with quote
4 years eh? Wow I guess that means I'm finished with High Shcool and I don't even remember starting it... all those memories I can't remember. lol

Del Rey Manga's are only about $1 more and I can't really complain because they give lots of explanantions and previews at the end. So I guess its all good.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Food! wrote:
How can this article according be over 3 years old when it's was first posted less than 24 hours ago?

It's a little bug. The actual parent article (Anime Expo Con Report) isn't posted yet, but I've been linking to the parts of it as we finish them.

Since its unposted, the system is seing it as over 4 years old.
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote
I really thought Del Ray did a good job with their maiden series! I found it to be quality work, that I would be more than happy to pay an extra dollar for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:14 pm Reply with quote
"When answering another question, it was stated that, given the success of the Anime Network, titles ADV has acquired will frequently be made available on the Anime Network prior to DVD release."

That's good news, now we can legally preview before we buy. (if you get AN that is)
PatrickD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote
The list of masquerade winners says:
Novice Runner Up: Adam David Pascual of "The Chibi Project"

That's incorrect. I was in the group "The Chibi Project" and we did not win any awards. (We were the .hack "Magic missile" skit with the grunty.)

I don't know who the actual winner was or what group he was in.

(Yes, I know it's listed wrong on AX's site too.)
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Your skit was awesome. Props for using the Magic Missile skit, and double props for the costumes. They were very impressive.
Poppycock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Dead Leaves was offered for broadcast to MTV, but was deemed too violent. However, it will be shown on the National Lampoon Network, at dates and times to be specified in the future.

Why did they even try? Everthing is too graphic for MTV i mean in some rock videos they can't even say gun or anything that has to do with death. example: MTV's version of "Still Waiting" by Sum 41- "Drop **** ****** to my head", uncut version- "Drop dead bullet to my head." It's MTV not Disney!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm kind of skeptical that AnimEigo will have ALL of Urusei Yatsura out by the summer of 2005; they must mean everything they released on VHS and LaserDisc and not the remaning... what?... 24 TV volumes.

They can if they want to, and it would be nice to have everything available, but there's no way I can buy 30+ volumes of something in a year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
FUNimation plans to do something “very special” with the first volume of Fullmetal Alchemist, but at this time no details were available.

Please be a pocket watch. Please be a pocket watch. Please be a pocket watch...

Quote:
Tofu Records will be holding a special event for Fullmetal Alchemist at Otakon with L’Arc-en-Ciel present (L’Arc-en-Ciel provided the second opening theme for the TV series, only that opening theme will be used on Cartoon Network).

*Sigh* I'm really tired of missing out on all of this great stuff at Otakon. Only made it there in 2002 and I'm really dreading another 12hr drive. Maybe I could fly there this year...

Quote:
FUNimation also had a life-sized, 7 foot tall Alphonse at its booth and will be bringing him with them to Otakon and other conventions this year.

7' eh? Hmm, I could actually do a fairly acurate Al cosplay, I'm 6'7" and somewhat crafty. And girls love a good glompable cosplay...

Ok, no more ellipsis...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:58 am Reply with quote
Quote:
(L’Arc-en-Ciel provided the second opening theme for the TV series, only that opening theme will be used on Cartoon Network).

Was this confirmed at the panel? Because this is the first I've heard of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2