• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Gundam Seed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Seki Tomokazu = Yzak. And the scan featuring the cast shows Athrun. Already two of my favourite characters will be returning. This is very good news.

I am definitely looking forward to Destiny. Hopefully it won't disappoint.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
UberTai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Is this series based on the Astray manga line?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
monkeyDluffy4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I wouldn't think so. Isn't it (Gundam SEED 2)supposed to take place 2 years after Gundam SEED, whereas Gundam SEED: ASTRAY takes place around the same time as the original?
All I gotta do now is wait till October. Wheee! spoiler[More Wartfeld! He had better be in it.]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote
UberTai wrote:

Nope, it's a direct followup to the main series. Picks up two years after SEED, and seems to revolve around continued tensions between Naturals & Coordinators. Athrun & Cagalli are the only two characters definitely returning so far, with Tomokazu's statements at AX hinting towards Yzak having a role in this one, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:14 pm Reply with quote
By the way, the very last link doesen't work.
zaphdash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Good to see that this show will carry on the SEED tradition of recycled mecha designs and characters who all look exactly the same.
Empyrical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I can't see the scan it linked to - could someone post it here?

I didn't get to see the last two episodes of SEED. spoiler[Does Kira die or something? Please fill me in. || I'm pretty pissed that Mwu dies, though (doesn't he get killed by Rau?). He was my favorite character. Sad]
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Empyrical wrote:
I didn't get to see the last two episodes of SEED. spoiler[Does Kira die or something? Please fill me in. || I'm pretty pissed that Mwu dies, though (doesn't he get killed by Rau?). He was my favorite character. Sad]

Last two episodes are essentially a giant battle, so I'm just going to run through most of the significant events off the top of my head. Note that these aren't all in order, they're just listed as they come to me.

spoiler[Athrun self-destructs Justice inside the GENESIS to prevent further use, and Cagalli gets him out of there in the Strike Rouge. Mwu is killed when he uses Strike as a shield for the Archangel against one of Dominion's attacks. Natarle then rebels against Azrael and gets shot repeatedly by him before Murrue manages to down the Dominion. Raww kills Fllay in front of Kira, he goes nuts, kills Raww, survives, but the Freedom is pretty much damaged beyond repair. Yzak takes down the Raider & Forbidden (actually saves Dearka when the Buster gets torn up by one of the Alliance Gundams), and Athrun takes out Calamity.]

Anyway, I've posted the pics from SEED Destiny on my own forum. Thread can be found here
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I must say that the new character Shin looks pretty darn impressive. I too am very glad to see Yzac making his return, as well as Athrun. Does anyone have any ideas as to how long this second series will run?

~LoneWolf
zaphdash

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:51 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
spoiler[Athrun self-destructs Justice inside the GENESIS to prevent further use, and Cagalli gets him out of there in the Strike Rouge. Mwu is killed when he uses Strike as a shield for the Archangel against one of Dominion's attacks. Natarle then rebels against Azrael and gets shot repeatedly by him before Murrue manages to down the Dominion. Raww kills Fllay in front of Kira, he goes nuts, kills Raww, survives, but the Freedom is pretty much damaged beyond repair. Yzak takes down the Raider & Forbidden (actually saves Dearka when the Buster gets torn up by one of the Alliance Gundams), and Athrun takes out Calamity.]

Don't mean to nitpick, but... spoiler[Buster wasn't torn up by the Alliance Gundams. Rau showed up and totally ruined Dearka, then Yzak saved him before Crot dealt the deathblow.]

Quote:
I must say that the new character Shin looks pretty darn impressive.

He just looks like what would happen if Kira and Athrun had a baby together.

Quote:
Does anyone have any ideas as to how long this second series will run?

Probably either 49 or 50 episodes. That's typically the standard. The only shows to deviate were Gundam ZZ (47) and Victory Gundam (51). First Gundam and Gundam X both fell short as well (43 and 39, respectively), but that was due to cancellation. First Gundam was planned for 52 (four full cours, which is what SEED ran, but there were two off-weeks during SEED's run) and Gundam X was planned for 39 (three full cours).
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:28 am Reply with quote
They dident finish The first gundam seed in the Us. yet on CN.
silent giant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote
I've heard that Athrun and Cagalli will take some sort of backseat to the new character named Shin. I wonder how many characters are going to return and what their roles will be in the new story. October can't come fast enough.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
zaphdash wrote:
[Shin] just looks like what would happen if Kira and Athrun had a baby together.

Shocked EWEWEWEWEWEWEWEWWW! >.<

Wink

Two things I require from GS2: No more Haros (unless they're connected to bodies) and no more Flay
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Whats wrong with the Haros now?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3