• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Producer Niitsuma Discusses Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xchampion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
I picked this game up yesterday along with No More Heroes 2 and it is freaking awesome. Sure its more simplified compared to a game like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 but it`s still a whole lot of fun. I actually like that it is more simple than other capcom fighting games because I can jump right into it and just have fun playing instead of trying to memorize combinations and what not.Plus Viewtiful Joe and Karas kick butt in the game. They are definitely my favorite characters in the game but i am really biased because I loved the Viewtiful Joe games and the Karas OVA is my favorite Tatsunoko Production anime.
E-Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote
I got the game recently as well, and it was as awesome as the websites said it was.

It would of been awesome to see the Samurai Pizza Cats in the game(I keep forgetting they were created by the Tatsunoko Co.). But least the non to little licensed anime characters gave me a reason to buy it in the first place.

I love it so much that I also buy the sequal(If they ever make one).
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Niitsuma noted that Tatsunoko denied some characters from certain properties, such as characters from the Samurai Pizza Cats anime series and the transforming motorcycle riders from Genesis Climber Mospeada.

Pizza Cats? Mospeada? Shocked They just lost a potential customer.
robo-ky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote
grrrr why only wii??!! is there no hope for a ps3 release?
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote
They said the game was basically built for Wii, and there's virtually no chance of a port. Yeah, I know. Don't know what they were thinking.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
They said the game was basically built for Wii, and there's virtually no chance of a port. Yeah, I know. Don't know what they were thinking.

Yeah GOD FORBID the Wii gets some support, oh no Rolling Eyes I'm so damn sick of all these PS360 fanboys and their endless whining. Would it be nice on the HD consoles? Sure. But I just don't get this whole "Wii's not ALLOWED to have games like this" mentality.

Anyway, I've heard that the discussions for SPC were REALLY close but weren't finalized. Shurato was also brought up, but it's shared with anotrher Japanese TV Company. Since there's been a lot of positive hype and success with the game so far, this might give them more leeway for characters in a sequel. Maybe the stubborn license holder for Daimao could concede and let him appear.
Killer 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:29 am Reply with quote
..characters like Leon Kennedy? (RE4) Albert Wesker? (RE5) or even Dante from Devil May Cry? Then there's the omission of Soultaker from Tatsunoko's camp. Hopefully, they will be included in a sequel or should a XBL/PSN version come to fruition.

The music has dramatically changed from the Japanese import.Anyways, I will play around with this later as for now..Bayonetta is calling. Wink
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
robo-ky wrote:
grrrr why only wii??!! is there no hope for a ps3 release?

They would have to remake it like they are doing for No More Heroes. The Sales would have to be pretty good to make a remake for PS3 and Xbox 360.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org601657.jpg

Page from the Japanese Preorder bonus, shows Komugi and Muteking were nearly finished. If there's going to be a sequel/DLC I'd imagine they'd be the first of the new Tatsunoko characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1