• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kure-nai Manga's 5th Volume to Bundle Anime in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Best news I heard all day. Kurenai is excellent.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I concur.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I can only imagine this as some sort of side story. I haven't read the manga, but I imagine the anime deviated greatly from it, at least at the end. I couldn't imagine anymore continuation after spoiler[Murasaki went back to the Inner Sanctuary] in the anime.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Ah cool, I've been wanting for something Kurenai-esque of late; nothing better than the real thing!

Yeah, it sounds like it may be a side story; then again, they did promise to meet again in the future.
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:15 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
I can only imagine this as some sort of side story. I haven't read the manga, but I imagine the anime deviated greatly from it, at least at the end. I couldn't imagine anymore continuation after spoiler[Murasaki went back to the Inner Sanctuary] in the anime.

The manga is quite different! But the novels are more like the anime... or so I've heard. Lots of interesting and crazy stuff happen after where the anime ended (at least in the manga!).
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quote
I think the anime still has a lot of explaining to do in terms of the cast and their stories, but I doubt it'll be anything like that, especially if it would mean no Murasaki.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:12 am Reply with quote
Great news! The manga is more like a sequel to the anime than anything. It starts basically where the anime leaves off, then does a flash back arc retelling the events of the anime (with a considerably different conclusion and better use of the supporting characters) and then continues on with another new arc (which is quite interesting). I'm guessing the OAV (I really hate the phrase "original animation DVD") will cover it's own adaptation of the first couple manga chapters.

Personally, as much as I loved the Kure-nai anime (rated it a masterpiece) I wouldn't mind a FMA:B treatment and have the manga animated (in chronological order).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1