• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lacuna

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENTOG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Hello all, I'm here promoting/recruiting a fan made visual novel called Lacuna. I'm not terribly good with this kind of thing, so I'll take a quote from our "glorious leader" to get you a little enticed.

-----------------------------------------
Ubi nihil vales, ibi nihil velis.
Where you are worth nothing, there you will wish for nothing.

This is something you'd do well to remember.

Nevertheless, please.

Feel at home.

You are at the town of Yamanozomu.

Nestled between mountains and sea, this town is almost literally at the end of the earth.
For someone like you, for someone running away, there is no better place.

After all, you cannot run farther than this.

In a town that is mixture of east and west, old and new, I’m sure you will find many interesting things to build your future on to. In this town, there are countless possibilities for young man such as you. Will you educate yourself? Will you find a job? The choice is yours, as is your future. Whatever you wish to become, you shall become.

I guarantee this. Your wish will most definitely come true.

But for that, you must work. For what is a miracle without work?

If you want to change the path of fate, you must work for it. I shall not say how much work is required, but make no mistake: You shall give it everything you have. In return I shall promise you that nothing is impossible. As long as you strive hard enough to achieve it.

So welcome.

I extend my heartfelt greeting.

And I do hope you manage to entertain me through this tale of miracles that are not supposed to exist.

With that out of the way, let me tell you about the actual visual novel itself.

The setting is fictional town of Yamanozomu somewhere in Japan. The protagonist of the game, Katsuo Tanaka, ends up in the aforementioned town after running away from his old home. Alone and without any money, he struggles to find a way to live but is without success. Only meeting with local girl named Kiku Tsukino saves Katsuo from starvation. She offers him a place to sleep and food to eat in a caf? called Am?ricain in exhange that he begins working there. From here on starts the true story.

While working at Am?ricain, Katsuo meets with seven girls, all living in the town. First of all is Kiku Tsukino, the young woman who saved him. Not only is she awfully pragmatic, but she also seems to be overly indifferent to her surroundings. Tomoko Kotonari is co-worker of Kiku at Am?ricain, and the star of the local school's track team. The former problem-student of the same school, and the heiress of the local shrine, Akane Kuroda, becomes also familiar with Katsuo while frequenting Am?ricain. Yasu Watanabe, a local who gets involved in the situation with Katsuo and his former family does not make things any easier. Neither does melancholic and suicidal Yukie Umehara, who becomes involved in with a series of crimes happening in Yamanozomu. Akari Seiya, a drifter and someone who teaches Katsuo about the other side of living as homeless is also one of the girls. Last but not least is the young and arrogant owner of Am?ricain, Chinatsu Himekami, who Katsuo becomes familiar with due to her hatred towards men.

Katsuo, the heroines and whole bunch of supporting cast each have their own problems, and it is up to the reader to decide which people will Katsuo try to help. Being ignorant is also possible, but that can also lead to unforseen circumstances...Nevertheless, it is fair to say that achieving any dream is possible in a place like Yamanozomu. Big or small, as long as you try enough, there is nothing that cannot be achieved. As to how and why this is possible.....there are some things that Katsuo is best not knowing. Miracles are fragile things, after all.

Now that that's out of the way, here's how things are looking. We've got a 3 day prologue that we're looking to turn into a technical demo, and then turning the "common route" into a full fledged release. We've got plenty of writers, a decent amount of artists, and a programmer, as well as myself and our leader Verg Avesta doing double duty as writers and organizers, so to speak. While we'd love to have another artist or writer on board, what we mostly need is someone to do music.

In fact, not just someone, we need a bunch of people. If you couldn't tell, this is going to be a huge project. Even the technical demo is going to require a lot of work. And while much of it has already been done(the writing and backgrounds are all but finished, and the art is almost past the concept stage) we're still missing one of the biggest parts of a VN in music. If you want to join the ranks of the Elder Title(our team name, as it were) either send me an e-mail([email protected]) drop me a PM, or even post in this topic. Also, if you want more info on the project, don't be afraid to ask.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately we do not really allow recruiting and such here on these boards.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1