• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: xxxHOLiC Rō, Eden of the East, Working!! Promos Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mckg1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Funimation is going to release season 2 and this one ? they released the movie but only released season 1 of the anime.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Strange that it's just xxxHolic and no Tsubasa tie-in, since it looks like they're going to be dealing with spoiler[Yuko disappearing and Watanuki giving up his ability to leave the shop.] That kind of crossed over heavily with what was going on in Tsubasa at that time...

Oh well. It's not like they haven't skipped over important plot details for these OVAs before... *coughcough*Infinity and Celes, I'm looking at you!*coughcough*
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
mckg1 wrote:
I wonder if Funimation is going to release season 2 and this one ? they released the movie but only released season 1 of the anime.

One can only hope. Especially since Kei is considered the better of the two.

Although I can't say for sure, I've never got the impression from FUNi that the anime did as well as expected, considering how massively popular the manga is in the states.

I just hope it did well enough to warrant them to bring it over eventually. These OVAs or OAD or whatever too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Gah, I want to watch this badly. x.X This, to me, was one of the most emotionally gripping moments in xxxHolic (I was seriously crying at the end of every chapter). Yeah, it does seem strange that there is no Tsubasa tie-in, but maybe that may come in later?

Now if only Funi would go on and license Kei, the OVAs/OADs, and the Tsubasa ones as well. XP
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Although I can't say for sure, I've never got the impression from FUNi that the anime did as well as expected, considering how massively popular the manga is in the states.

Really? If the manga is popular, I would think the anime is well liked? Wow, maybe not? Odd.

I would like to see the 2nd season and the OVAs of xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicle.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Dark Elf Warrior wrote:
Really? If the manga is popular, I would think the anime is well liked? Wow, maybe not? Odd.

I would like to see the 2nd season and the OVAs of xxxHolic and Tsubasa Chronicle.

Perhaps if the anime were actually good and and didn't have me running away from the tv every time I saw it on. I buy the manga religiously, but I can't sit through more than an episode of the Tsubasa anime because it's so ugly to me it hurts my poor eyes. I have more tolerance for the xxxHolic anime (the art style did not translate well to animation) and will probably eventually buy it when it's super cheap, but other than that I'm not jumping to buy either.

That said, the OVAs/OADs/movies are an entirely different matter, especially concerning Tsubasa (I prefer it animated by Production I.G.)

This is just why I have yet to buy the anime though. Can't speak for any other fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1