• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Welcome to the Space Show's English Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:17 am Reply with quote
I hope this comes over to R1. Loved ROD and Kamichu! Though frankly, the more it is like ROD the better. More likely to receive better treatment in the States.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
The site is super slow, but the trailer looks great. Did it remind anyone else of Summer Wars? The art style looks similar.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
yeah... english Confused

looks like a good movie
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 pm Reply with quote
The mysterious world looks pretty much like the god world from Kamichu! with a movie-sized animation budget, but that's fine with me since Kamichu! is easily in my top 5 anime series from the past decade so anything similar from the same creators is a *good* thing as far as I'm concerned.

spoiler[It looks to be the best movie about humans traveling to a strange-but-wonderful planet with an alien civilization centered around a giant-life giving tree (which apparently gets destroyed) that I'll ever see. NOTE: I haven't seen Avatar (not interested). ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping for a future license, because I'd love to see this, and I am a fan of ROD and Kamichu. And I must admit the narrator spoke pretty good english, not engrish.
Analog_Now

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I love how this movie looks and it seems so exciting like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time in a way. Can't wait for it's release and whenever I can watch it. The art style seems similar to Summer Wars a little or it is it just me?
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:13 am Reply with quote
Silly wording and delivery for the voiceover, but very cool-looking, well-animated, interesting premise, and 2+3 is a nice gender mix...I'll have to remember this if I hear about a domestic DVD release.

/me still has to watch Kamichu...and TGWLTT...and Tokyo Godfathers...and Utena...and Giant Robo...and...and...THE NERD YOU WERE TRYING TO ACCESS HAS PERFORMED A FATAL ERROR AND NEEDS TO BE RESTARTED. ABORT, RETRY, FAIL?
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Visually, this movie looks very nice. Hopefully it will get picked up by an R1 company.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
Looks like it could be interesting, but you'd think they would hire somone with better english skills for something that's intended to show off for an international film festival.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1