• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato Resurrection's BD/DVD to Include Both Endings

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quote
Sounds like it's a reference to the 1978 movie where the ship rammed into the Comet Empire, which I guess fared negatively for fans.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:52 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Voyager Entertainment is going to license this at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:10 am Reply with quote
penguin: I'm still waiting for them to get the rights to the subbed uncut versions of the first three shows, assuming Toupee isn't trying to make the rights lapse, of course.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 am Reply with quote
I would love to be able to see and own the original, uncut Japanese versions of the three series (subbed, of course). If Voyager were to ever decide to release those, I would find a way to come up with the money to buy them.

Of course, if they ever release these, I hope they go to better efforts with the mastering than they did on the discs with the Comet Empire episodes on them (I still cringe when watching these; between the poorly mastered audio and the fuzzy video quality on some of the episodes, it can be almost unwatchable at times).

GATSU wrote:
penguin: I'm still waiting for them to get the rights to the subbed uncut versions of the first three shows, assuming Toupee isn't trying to make the rights lapse, of course.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Good point. I have the SBY movie boxset, which I watch from time to time, but it would be better to have bilingual sets of the TV show. Or hell, even sub-only sets with just the Yamato version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
I'd take anything in the Yamato history of shows, as long as it is remastered. The transfer of the movies Voyager released was one of the worst I have ever seen on DVD.
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Saw this at the cinema and really enjoyed it. The blu is definately a day 1 purchase for me Smile
The Japanese DVDs of the movies (which are all reduced to under 2000yen at the moment) have pretty decent remastered versions. I've been rewatching 1 each weekend recently.
Then there was the Yamato Expo last weekend. Id say that 2010 is shaping up to be the year of Yamato already (and theres the live action flick and eventually a second animated one yet to come!)
mrsatan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Did this actually occur? I've heard there is only one ending on the DVD and Blu-ray. The website for the home video release doesn't seem to mention it.
BanistersMind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I come to this thread quite late, I know, but I have recently rekindled my love for Yamato (having loved it as a kid when it screen on our public broadcaster down here in Australia), and since purchasing the boxed set of the three seasons just last week, I am a total fanboy all over again.

Has there been any updated news about a dvd release for Yamato Resurrection more widely? I would seriously love to get my hands on this (with eng subs of course).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1