• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animedia Grows in Page Size to Match Animage, Newtype

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:35 am Reply with quote
..and all the obsessive compulsive people who have been collecting it since the first issue will now be really annoyed by the way it looks on their shelves (I only have a few issues so not bothered).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
Man way to go Animedia. Gawd, considering the amount of magazines that have long ceased publication 'Animedia' has stayed strong for almost 30 years. Well, I think the fans will be happy as long as there is more content.

It's not that much of a difference. Anyone who remembers 'Anime-V' (which I doubt anyone does, unless you were born in 70's collecting in the 80's) the publication was taller in size and thicker. By the following month the magazine became slightly smaller and wider in size. Not to mention they decreased the page count making it more magazine-like instead of thick like 'Animage'. All they did was put in more image content while reducing the possibly useless text/ads. Making it a suitable OVA publication.

So I'm sure the fans won't complain that much because it's nothing new. Mags come and go and change their size. The only thing they'll say is,

"I remember when this magazine used to have/be/looked/etc..."

So does 'Animedia' still contain stickers or did they phase that out?
reanimator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Man way to go Animedia. Gawd, considering the amount of magazines that have long ceased publication 'Animedia' has stayed strong for almost 30 years. Well, I think the fans will be happy as long as there is more content.

Content as in more pictures and trinkets?

Chrno2 wrote:
It's not that much of a difference. Anyone who remembers 'Anime-V' (which I doubt anyone does, unless you were born in 70's collecting in the 80's)... All they did was put in more image content while reducing the possibly useless text/ads...

I still have old Anime V magazines. Anyway, I hope you're not judging all Japanese print anime magazines as "possibly useless texts/ads". Depends on type of anime magazines, some magazines have interesting columns and interviews. For me, I abandoned Newtype over Animage because it has better interviews. Pictures are for hypes. Do you actually read Japanese magazines at all?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Of those big three, Animedia has always been my favorite, although I liked it for it's smaller size, it made it appear thicker especially with all the cool extras and miniposters you got.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1