• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sora no Otoshimono's Unaired Episode Held Back From DVD

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I speak for many when I say: FU with a huge baseball bat with rusted nails sticking out of it!!!!

Why? Did you not finish it, or did you come up with a better way to sell another DVD?

Wait...maybe it will be episode 1 of season 2.....OH GOD PLEASE YES!!!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is that this is F'ing BULLSH*T!!

"It's too dangerous" they say, I really wonder about that. Marketing ploy?
relentlessflame

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
From the "evil conspiracy theories" department, what would be rather cruel would be for them to wait for the 7th DVD to be released and then announce a Blu-Ray box with this 14th episode as a Blu-Ray exclusive. I want to say that wouldn't happen, but...
chicogrande

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote
So, what happened in episode 14? Rolling Eyes
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 pm Reply with quote
chicogrande wrote:
So, what happened in episode 14? Rolling Eyes

They had a mass BDSM-LOLI-UNCENSORED ORGY, what do you think? Very Happy

Absolutely nothing special, it's supposed to be a pool episode. Maybe some boobs.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I can't help wondering if the rather vocal complainers here were actually planning to import the DVD anyway?
If they were, why not just cancel their pre-order if they feel that strongly about it?
And if not, whether they have any grounds to complain since it isn't like there were any plans to stream the episode on Crunchyroll anyway?

Just thinking out loud.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Maruna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
"Project Pink" is "Too Dangerous for TV."

Darn it Japan. You've gotta let them see the pink at some point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crh1985

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
"Project Pink" is "Too Dangerous for TV." and know Too Dangerous for DVDs lol
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I demand this thread also turn into 600 posts of people complaining about censorship.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
No can do, KoH, no can do. I actually watched SnO and take my word for it: less SnO is better than more.
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:06 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I demand this thread also turn into 600 posts of people complaining about censorship.

What does this have to do with censorship?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
That may be so, but remember: the quality of the show doesn't matter because censorship is always wrong in this world of ours where everything is either black or white with absolutely no gray area.

Nemo_N wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

And I quote directly from the article, "The website had said that Episode 14 was "too dangerous" to be broadcasted on television." So, basically, the Japanese are telling me what is and is not appropriate for me, an adult. That's the big stink people are raising over in the Bund thread.

I'm not literally demanding anything, but I find it funny how people will care a lot less about this even though it's pretty similar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I believe the difference is that for the Vampire one, we can see the differences and know there will be an uncensored version coming from Japan. That situation seems to get more people's attention than this, I'm sure.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
And I quote directly from the article, "The website had said that Episode 14 was "too dangerous" to be broadcasted on television." So, basically, the Japanese are telling me what is and is not appropriate for me, an adult. That's the big stink people are raising over in the Bund thread.

To be exact, they were telling people in Japan that they were unable to broadcast the episodes on TV in Japan. Whether this was a literal case of the stations refused it or, more likely, a publicity ploy, the message was not intended for you at all and they are not saying what is or is not appropriate for anyone - just that is was not appropriate for television. The intention at the time was to release it on DVD; if it were not "appropriate for adults" then it would not be made at all since it is clearly not appropriate for children and there can't be huge numbers of animals and aliens buying DVDs.

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Nemo_N

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
That may be so, but remember: the quality of the show doesn't matter because censorship is always wrong in this world of ours where everything is either black or white with absolutely no gray area.

When it comes to censoring fiction, yes, there is no gray area.

The King of Harts wrote:
Nemo_N wrote:
The King of Harts wrote:

I'm not sure how can someone take a sales line seriously. I suppose if they have said "It will change your life forever!" you'd have taken it seriously too.

Moreover, and I quote directly from the article too, "The website states that the release format of episode 14 will be announced in the future. " Why would anyone raise a "big stink" if they are getting the episode anyway? For all we know, they'll just bundle it with the next tankoubon of the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2