Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai in May


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neocloud9



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 1175
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:57 am Reply with quote
Wow. That's kinda surreal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malajax



Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quote
I would have preferred Disney X D or regular Nickelodeon, but I guess this isn't too bad.

I doubt this will be a megaton hit like it was before, but all shonen shows are much more suited to syndication.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maruna



Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 36
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
First they passed on Naruto, and now they pass on Dragonball Z, of all things.

Proof we'll never see another non-toy-commercial anime on Cartoon Network again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.Shonen



Joined: 13 Aug 2006
Posts: 109
Location: Brooklyn, NY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
Surprise that nick picked it up instead of Cartoon Network.

This is the first time Nick's acquired an anime license, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
siradix



Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Posts: 62
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote
Nicktoons is a little late to the party, but they also still air shows like Avatar, Three Delivery, and Kappa Mikey. So I guess it will fit somewhere in their lineup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lenks



Joined: 18 Apr 2004
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Surprise that nick picked it up instead of Cartoon Network.

This is the first time Nick's acquired an anime license, right?


company#1423

They've had a few.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FMAvatard



Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 am Reply with quote
siradix wrote:
Nicktoons is a little late to the party, but they also still air shows like Avatar, Three Delivery, and Kappa Mikey. So I guess it will fit somewhere in their lineup.


Avatar, Three Delivery, and Kappa Mikey are all American-made and funded shows, though. They just have Asian elements to them.

The fact that they've (meaning US Nicktoons) licensed a genuine, honest to God anime not only shocks me but also excites me. I'm also really, really worried because we have NO clue how Nicktoons is gonna handle it...*worries for the theme songs*


Last edited by FMAvatard on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keikanki



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 107

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 am Reply with quote
This headline is not a repeat from 1996?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
siradix



Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Posts: 62
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 am Reply with quote
FMAvatard wrote:
Avatar, Three Delivery, and Kappa Mikey are all American-made and funded shows, though. They just have Asian elements to them.

The fact that they've (meaning US Nicktoons) licensed a genuine, honest to God anime not only shocks me but also excites me. I'm also really, really worried because we have NO clue how Nicktoons is gonna handle it...*worries for the theme songs*


Oh I know they are American cartoons, but that is the closest thing they have to anime at the moment. So if they were to tie the lineups together, you would probably see those shows airing before or after it.

Censorship will probably be the same as cartoon network.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KabaKabaFruit



Joined: 20 Sep 2007
Posts: 1289
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess that's that. Nick looks to be the new home for anime on television. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:24 am Reply with quote
Lenks wrote:
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Surprise that nick picked it up instead of Cartoon Network.

This is the first time Nick's acquired an anime license, right?


company#1423

They've had a few.


Nickelodeon aired Blue Dragon? Call me surprised there, I remember it airing on Cartoon Network near the end of Toonami's life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
britannicamoore



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 2616
Location: Out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
Maruna wrote:
First they passed on Naruto, and now they pass on Dragonball Z, of all things.

Proof we'll never see another non-toy-commercial anime on Cartoon Network again.


Thats exactly what I was thinking. I can't believe they'd skip on DBZ Kai especially when at a time they were showing like 20 episodes of DBZ a week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
siradix



Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Posts: 62
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
Blue Dragon airs in France. Internationally they have aired anime, but in the USA, I haven't seen any.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malik_chan



Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 134

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:32 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Lenks wrote:
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Surprise that nick picked it up instead of Cartoon Network.

This is the first time Nick's acquired an anime license, right?


company#1423

They've had a few.


Nickelodeon aired Blue Dragon? Call me surprised there, I remember it airing on Cartoon Network near the end of Toonami's life.


It was probably aired in a different country, like Yugioh and some other titles were.

The only anime I remember Nick ever showing was Speed Racer and some of the things they played on Nick Jr. way back in the 90's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FMAvatard



Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
Yeah, U.S. Nickelodeon and Nicktoons haven't even glanced at a licensed anime since Speed Racer...and I don't remember anything they showed on Nick Jr.

Still terribly confused/excited though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group