• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Queen's Blade Utsukushiki Tōshi-tachi OVA Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:33 am Reply with quote
Can only imagine has 'uncut' this will be since it no longer has the restrictions of TV broadcast to worry about.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote
Ugh, that's gotta be the worst show I've ever seen.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote
Fellow horndogs of the world, rejoice! AND we get our acid-spitting boobies in English to boot! Who says the world sucks?
AnimeALLDAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quote
Well someones gonna make alot of money off of this
Jaymie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote
Queen's Blade is proof that there is no such thing as God.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote
The only difference now is that it will have a budget. And you know what that means.

Well, since MB licensed the TV series might as well add that to the pile.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate. And it's funny, because Queen's Blade is actually a very well done show technically. As Zac once said, he was perturbed that the show had such a good soundtrack, but I'd say it also has great art and decent animation. I guess that only kicks people in the wounds. At least the show knows what it is and doesn't pretend to be something else by using ancient Chinese history to hide behind.
Otakuboy T

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
/facepalm

....and yet no LOGH
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote
Otakuboy T wrote:
/facepalm

....and yet no LOGH

LoGH is 110 episodes of OVA. "Boo hoo hoo, I'm not getting my amazingly EXPENSIVE anime over here!" I love that show as much as the next of the Kaiser's subjects, but you have to realize that this show is: long, old, an expensive product due to its status in Japan. This is old news by now, but the last estimate that it would cost the consumer would be $2000 for a pre-order. I'm sure it's changed slightly because of the show becoming more popular, but doesn't change the licensing cost that much.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quote
I don't understand the dislike for Queens Blade ? No one forced you to illegally download and watch the show. So Why comment ? Not everything has to be moe, now a days. This speaks more to the 90's OVA crowd anyway. You do understand this is adult programing, right?

It was a badass story, shame they didn't do more with Menace.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
I don't understand the dislike for Queens Blade ? No one forced you to illegally download and watch the show. So Why comment ? Not everything has to be moe, now a days. This speaks more to the 90's OVA crowd anyway. You do understand this is adult programing, right?

I think you're right about it playing out a lot like a 90's OVA, except those were all mostly sci-fi, so it is an interesting change. And if you want some bad anime, old OVAs are rife with 'em. Try out some Cleopatra DC or Roots, or Oedo 808.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
Cool more Queens Blade
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote
I just want MB to survive long enough to release Record of Lodoss War TV and OVA. Hell, I will actually buy this if it can be guaranteed that they'll release ROLW.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The_Q

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:

You spelled Nyx wrong... Razz
Joketsu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Queen's Blade is one of the greatest anime series I have ever seen, and a damn cool game to boot. I say this as someone who has things like Slayers and Gurren Lagann in her top favorites list as well. It's got an incredibly well detailed world, the character interactions are top-notch, the character evolution is well done, the music is great, the voice acting was phenomenal, it's got a wonderful sense of humor, and it's got infinite room to expand upon. Rebellion is also shaping up to be incredible itself.

It's an incredibly yuri/lesbian-positive and woman-positive show in general. Most of my closest friends, who are admitted feminists regardless of their gender, agree with me. Every one of the characters is a wonderful example of what women should be in media nowadays: strong willed and able to kick ass if needed, without letting their sexuality go by the waste-side.

I absolutely cannot fathom why people hate it. Is it because it has no shame and flaunts its assets openly? I notice A LOT of 'holier than thou' style anime fans put themselves 'above' that kind of 'garbage' and really, you're missing out. It's pure gold BECAUSE it's blatant and honest with itself and its audience.

Guilty pleasure? I have no guilt. I need none, and i feel no shame when people try to mock me for loving it to bits. I grew up being raised on fantasy, sci fi, choose your own adventure, pen and paper, and tabletop stuff and have always adored warrior women. Being a lesbian, I also obviously enjoy me some yuri, and this just combines them all so damn well, it's one of the greatest treats I've ever encountered.

I will be supporting the dub 120% and buying all the DVDs day 1 and I hope they bring this new OVA over as well. I can think of no other series coming out this year more deserving of my money. Now if only a good company would release the various manga series, I'd be in heaven for the rest of my days. Seriously, the haters are missing out here. Oh well, more for me!

(And before anyone laughs or asks, yes, I mean every word of this post and will not take a single letter of it back~)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2