• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steamboy Pics

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:09 am Reply with quote
uhh... this is pretty pointless since all those pics are just stills from the trailer.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quote
I thought Miyazaki's "Howl" was the most anticipated anime movie of the year? Unless it's been pushed to 2005 . . . I didn't even hear about Steamboy until a week ago . .
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
There actually is a chance of Howl's being moved back to 2005. It's already facing production problems causing them to push it back from July to November 2004. If they run into any other problems they could very well push it back again. Steamboy on the other hand has already had it's premiere and will be hitting Japanese theaters nation wide later this week (according to the Encyclopedia).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guilhem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:31 am Reply with quote
I didn't see the trailer but these screens look great IMO: is the trailer still available somewhere? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Steamboy is coming out this saturday. Me and Cookie are going to go see it at Roppongi Hills along with a few other guys. Anyone in Tokyo interested in coming along? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:45 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Yeah, Steamboy is coming out this saturday. Me and Cookie are going to go see it at Roppongi Hills along with a few other guys. Anyone in Tokyo interested in coming along? Wink

You lucky.........

Quote:
I thought Miyazaki's "Howl" was the most anticipated anime movie of the year? Unless it's been pushed to 2005 . . . I didn't even hear about Steamboy until a week ago . .

I guess it depends on individual taste. Personally I am anticipating Steam Boy more as its Katsuhiro Otomo's first feature length movie since Akira and for that matter only his second feature length movie ever. I'm yet to watch or read anything of his I didn't like, I just hope he hasn't lost his touch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1