• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya, Actor Toma Ikuta to Appear in Gum Ad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
pretty neat ! I'll keep an eye on the television ! Anime smilev
nx6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm Reply with quote
This actually sounds pretty funny. I don't know how well it will work as far as selling gum, though.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Are they gonna run this ad eight times in a row?
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Cool but I skip most commercials any ways
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:10 am Reply with quote
Well... it's certainly not the strangest commercial I've ever heard of. This is Japanese TV we're talking about here, where the commercials for Intel products feature a giant chicken, so I'm not that surprised at this. I hope they post it up on YouTube Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
nx6 wrote:
This actually sounds pretty funny. I don't know how well it will work as far as selling gum, though.
Oh, I don't know. Judging from this ad the gum appears to have some sort of psychoactive ingredient.

Anyway though, while I've never seen Haruhi I can say that Toma was the best thing about the Hana-Kimi live action.
Homo ja nai! Laughing

Last edited by poonk on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
nx6 wrote:
Oh, I don't know. Judging from this ad the gum appears to have some sort of psychoactive ingredient.

Anyway though, while I've never seen Haruhi I can say that Toma was the best thing about the Hana-Kimi live action.
Homo ja nai! Laughing

Wait wait, the guy who voices some Haruhi character is Nakatsu from LA Hana Kimi? I had no interest in Haruhi previously, but Nakatsu was awesome in Hana Kimi, and he alone is worth me now looking up whatever anime he's been in. Nakatsu actor is someone you can't help but love.

EDIT: Eh, scratch that, didn't read the article properly. So he's not in any anime. Still not going to watch Haruhi.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Wait wait, the guy who voices some Haruhi character is Nakatsu from LA Hana Kimi?
EDIT: Eh, scratch that, didn't read the article properly. So he's not in any anime. Still not going to watch Haruhi.
I know what you mean-- that's what I initially thought too. I know other (live-action) actors have done some limited seiyuu work (Nino in Tekkonkinkreet, Kimura Anime catgrin in Howl's Moving Castle, etc.) so it didn't seem too far-fetched, though I was surprised I hadn't heard this news before. Alas, it was not true (that comma between "Suzumiya" and "Actor" makes all the difference) and I'm similarly as indifferent to watching Haruhi as before. I think the ad's still fun & eye-catching, though maybe not for the same reason as others in this neck of the woods.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1