• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - King for a Game

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 pm Reply with quote
FFXIII : screw one extra level of shadow, Blu-ray quality cinematics and three discs in which to play them on. The table test shows Truth!
videomaster21XX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Riviera: The Promised Land is the first game in the franchise, Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone is the second, and Knights in the Nightmare is apparently the fourth.

So um... what was the third game in the series?
Zerreth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quote
LIES! I call foul play! You can clearly see in the first pic that the PS3 case would fall underneath the Xbox version!

In all seriousness....
Knitpicking here, but I think the developer's name is spelled incorrectly for the Fist of the North Star. Wasn't it Koei?
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 am Reply with quote
videomaster21XX wrote:
Quote:
Riviera: The Promised Land is the first game in the franchise, Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone is the second, and Knights in the Nightmare is apparently the fourth.

Hasn't been developed yet. I think rumor has it that its a PC online game of sorts. So they are going in an out of order way, I suppose.

Quote:
Knitpicking here, but I think the developer's name is spelled incorrectly for the Fist of the North Star. Wasn't it Koei?

Yep, its Koei
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:18 am Reply with quote
Some stuff about KOF XIII's potential cast (the based-on-things-but-still-iffy-until-SNK-announces-it-themselves kind, so take it as you will):

When XIII's site when up, much like how TvC: UAS's new characters were accidentally revealed via loose JPG titles, Don Vecta of KOF fansite Cyberfanatix found an extra team title PNG by adding a number to the URL (they were like "team_09.png", "team_08.png"...he tried 10). Sure enough, there was actually one there, reading "TEAM K'". Also some additional ones simply reading "BOSS". SNK has since removed these, although I got to see them myself before they went down.

There's also the list of data found on XII's 360 version that I'm sure some SNK hardcores here may already know about (.long aKyo_0 # "kyo", etc) that listed the whole women team and some others that weren't in the actual game. That's a lot more iffy, but if it does hold any water, based on the way its arranged, I'm not going to be surprised if the last member of the Kim team is Hwa Jai, Vice and Takuma return, we get somebody by the name of Billy, and alternate versions of Ash and Iori. Elisabeth being teamed with Shen and Duo came to pass, at least...
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote
Response from the location test for KOF XIII are very positive right now. And really? Hwa Jai? Stupidest NPC from Fatal Fury 1? Really? Confused
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote
Achievements baby, no trophy's here.

KOF 13: Thank god they put Mai and Yuri back in. This is good, I'm can't wait to buy the damn game.

I'm super jealous that you got to play Hokuto Musou, man. Between Cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic universes, the latter comes in at #2.

It's a must buy for me no matter how bad or good it may be.
sepherest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:03 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
videomaster21XX wrote:
Quote:

Hasn't been developed yet. I think rumor has it that its a PC online game of sorts. So they are going in an out of order way, I suppose.

Yep. Each game is a different "Episode" in the series. Currently parts III and IX are being developed, and III is supposed to be an MMO.
Hachiman76

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:37 am Reply with quote
Yes, finally, the divine ofrces of fate themselves have decreed it thus: Final Fantasy XIII is better on the 360. And there was much rejoicing...Really, though, I don't see what the big uproar is about. I only have a 360, and therefore I play it on there. I could care less if it's slightly less pretty, it's still gorgeous, and damn fun too, despite my initial reservations.

I'm actually quite excited for KOF XIII now, as I didn't think I was ready to love again after XII. And don't even get me started on Hokuto Musou. One of my favorite game series' mixed with the anime that gave us exploding head punches and "Ai o Torimodose!!/You wa Shock" opening themes? I'm tempted to just run across the surface of the ocean to Japan to get it. Patience, patience...

Lastly, Cho Aniki!!? Hells Yeah!
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 am Reply with quote
One Million Ton No Barabara/Patchwork Heroes is a lot of fun. You mentioned it a couple of weeks back. It's was released on the US PSN about two weeks ago for the low price of $10. I recommend everyone go and get it!
fistofthemfk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:44 am Reply with quote
KOFXIII, Hokuto Musou, and Cho Aniki!? This may have been the best X Button EVER!

I don't plan to get a PSP(I hardly play handhelds) but I am very excited about the a new KOF and some post-apocalyptic justice!
Hardgear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote
Oh man, thanks for reminding me that Cho Aniki came out, I'm gonna have to get that once I get back home...
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote
Best games for N64?

In no particular order, Ogre Battle, Harvest Moon, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye. I didn't think anybody agreed with me about Ogre Battle though. I remember it being mildly infuriating though, something to do with an angel at the end...
robo-ky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote
another awesome x button great job. seems like koei has a full proof formula for keeping dynasty warriors going just keep mixing it with high action anime. DW Gundam 2 was frickin awesome, and fist of the north star shouldn't dissapoint. sigh SNK please don't screw up this time ur fanbase is so hard on you guys because we want you to succeed and beat capcom. Is SNK still planning to do a new samurai showdown (spirits)? I saw a screenshot of Hanzo a long time ago, haven't heard any updates since then.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:21 pm Reply with quote
well now that I have every game Matsuno ever made maybe I should could on a little marathon with the Ogre Battle series, FF Tactics series, and top it all off with Vagrant Story (which I replay every year anyway).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2