• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyō, Koi o Hajimemasu Shōjo Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote
Sweet! This finally gets an anime. I look forward to it. Very Happy
akhu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
But just in a little ova(like a furoku)? or a tv anime series like Nodame or Skip beat?
TJR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:06 pm Reply with quote
akhu wrote:
But just in a little ova(like a furoku)? or a tv anime series like Nodame or Skip beat?

Only one DVD has been announced. Whether it will lead into more DVDs or a TV series remains to be seen. In general, sponsors/publishers have lost faith in TV anime though, so we'll see how they handle this franchise.

Edit: Seems that some readers regard this as brutish, misogynistic tripe (i.e. sexual violence, physical/emotional abuse), despite its massive popularity. Maybe TV isn't the right medium.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
hmm, it kind of reminds me of another manga I've read about a young female high school prodigy hair cutter who liked to give people at her school makeovers. The name of that manga eludes me though...
maaya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Edit: Seems that some readers regard this as brutish, misogynistic tripe (i.e. sexual violence, physical/emotional abuse), despite its massive popularity. Maybe TV isn't the right medium.

It's by Minami Kanan. Eventhough I haven't read this series, I read some of her others works and she apparently likes to have her male characters abuse and mistreat (and rape) the female lead and make it look like "love" and a normal relationship.
And yes, she is very successful as an author, not only in Japan. Her readership are especially young girls.
Ari-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I started reading this a little while ago and I have to admit, while I do think it's a rather silly and typical shoujo, I find it addicting.

The whole, Main girls gets "almost raped" at every corner thing, even by her own boyfriend, gets rather annoying though. Mostly because the manga seems to lead towards the notion that she is somehow in the wrong for not wanting to have sex.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1