• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Basara Two to Take Fullmetal Alchemist's Slot

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to believe that Fullmetal Alchemist is ending. Not just the second Anime, but the manga as well. After June, it'll just be a part of Anime history like Dragon Ball or something. Sad
leeleekins

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Hooray for Sengoku Basara news! Too bad its followed by the sad news of Fullmetal ending :/
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
It's hard to believe that Fullmetal Alchemist is ending. Not just the second Anime, but the manga as well. After June, it'll just be a part of Anime history like Dragon Ball or something. Sad

Um... how? Is anybody reading FMA chapter-by-chapter the way I am? How can they finish this in just two chapters? (May and June; this is a monthly publication). I fear a forced, too-fast ending if this is the case (also a symbolic one... 108 chapters again?).
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Jaymie wrote:

Um... how? Is anybody reading FMA chapter-by-chapter the way I am? How can they finish this in just two chapters? (May and June; this is a monthly publication). I fear a forced, too-fast ending if this is the case (also a symbolic one... 108 chapters again?).

There have been many rumors/hints floating for a while now that the FMA manga was going to end around 110. It does looked rushed, but hopefully they can conjure up an interesting yet solid finale.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote
More likely than not the mangaka of FMA has probably already told BONES the content of the last few chapters otherwise it'd be pretty hard to see how they can end the anime by July.
Either that or they do a Code Geass and air like the final 2 episodes a few months later...?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
There have been many rumors/hints floating for a while now that the FMA manga was going to end around 110. It does looked rushed, but hopefully they can conjure up an interesting yet solid finale.

Even 110 would make more sense than 108; that's half a volume's difference. It could easily be concluded in 4 chapters, I'm not so sure about 2. Plus, BONES needs time to write and animate episodes in advance... I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. How far is Brotherhood along in the manga at this point? I quit watching way back after they utterly botched volume 15.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Have you seen how huge the past few chapters have been?

The final battle could end in the first page of the next chapter. The point of the final battle is spoiler[to have Father expend the energy necessary to contain the Truth. Once that is accomplished God is going to be pissed at Father. ]
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh SNAP! Hideyoshi incoming. FIYAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
neosupersonic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
It's kinda funny that more people are talking about FMA ending then Sengoku Basara 2 starting....
neosupersonic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Also, there is the slim chance that FMA could be changing timeslots....
fuzaco

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

Even 110 would make more sense than 108; that's half a volume's difference. It could easily be concluded in 4 chapters, I'm not so sure about 2. Plus, BONES needs time to write and animate episodes in advance... I'm not sure how this is supposed to work. How far is Brotherhood along in the manga at this point? I quit watching way back after they utterly botched volume 15.

In the latest episode, spoiler[Pride absorbed Kimblee, the Armstrongs fighted Sloth, and Mustang arrived at the entrace of Father's hideout where Ed and the others were fighting the homonculus-dolls.]

Oh, and I heard that the mangaka already gave BONES the scripts, and they're working on the last three episodes.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote
fuzaco wrote:
Oh, and I heard that the mangaka already gave BONES the scripts, and they're working on the last three episodes.

And as Ben Franklin once said, "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." Do you have a source for that? The internet is a place of great rumor and speculation, some occasionally true.

As for Sengoku Basara 2... I never finished the first season because it got licensed. I'll be excited about it once Funimation lets us preview it all. The first three episodes were delightful, though, so hopefully the rest was just as fun.
bayoab

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm Reply with quote
neosupersonic wrote:
Also, there is the slim chance that FMA could be changing timeslots....
It's not. It is confirmed that the TV series is ending at ~63. They may have an extra OAD episode or episode with the final DVD.
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
Who knows? Brotherhood may be given the treatment of the original FMA; a theatrical movie that'll wrap it all up.

Very slim, slim chance, but hey, a fan can hope, right?
EireformContinent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:15 am Reply with quote
No, please! I hope it won't share the fate of the first series.

And I'm glad that Basara 2nd will be aired! I really enjoyed the first season- I loved the way that it's creators "were going too far" with everything. It was a series that i always wanted to make- to go over the top and farther!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2