• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy - Super Action Statues: Jotaro Kujo and Star Platinum

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes, they will be mine. I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure so much and I'm so happy to see some toys from that series get featured and get such a glowing review too. You pretty much know your a true Jojo fan when you can still use words like fabulous, vogue, and fierce without a hint of irony to describe something so manly.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
The half-hair hat, HANDS IN POCKET POSE? While I'm not a huge JoJo fan, this release reeks of AWESOMENESS. If I read the column correctly, Dio and The World are coming as well? Might be time to clear some shelf space for those two.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm always glad to see any review for Jojo and this one just reeked of awesomeness! Wow! The different poses and features of Jotaro look incredible! Shocked

I'm kind of sad that Star Platinum couldn't get such a great release due to a defective peg. If it wasn't for that, this could be the best toy release ever.

Also hoping to see Dio Brando in the future with the World. That guy is too popular to be ignored. Very Happy

And you know something? It shouldn't just be Series 3. I would love to see Series 1 and 2 characters myself. I know I would kill for a Will Anthonio Zeppelli figure myself. Smile

Ah well...Yare Yare Daze
davecabrera
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
The half-hair hat, HANDS IN POCKET POSE? While I'm not a huge JoJo fan, this release reeks of AWESOMENESS. If I read the column correctly, Dio and The World are coming as well? Might be time to clear some shelf space for those two.

The Dio and The World figures are already out, but they might be tough to find. A re-release (and re-color) of The World figure is coming in April, according to HLJ.
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm Reply with quote
On one hand, owning that Jotaro figure would be insanely badass. On the other hand, I'll have to give a lengthy explanation to everyone who sees it explaining that it is not a Village People figure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I have the blue repaint of that Jotaro figure plus the Dio one. I wanted to get all the others too since they are awesome, but since I don't have enough money to get them, I'm currently only looking to own the main protagonist and villan of each part, don't think I can also afford to get the stands too, but oh well. Josuke is coming in May, so I'm gonna order that soon Very Happy

Oh, but I am definately getting part 3 ver. Joseph too, since they didn't do SAS figures of the first two parts, at least not yet anyway.

Last edited by vapwaazu on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John Casey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote
davecabrera wrote:

The Dio and Za Warudo figures are already out, but they might be tough to find. A re-release (and re-color) of The World figure is coming in April, according to HLJ.

Ahem. :3

That said....I'm buying these come next pack this. In short...come this Friday. Very Happy Too awesome to resist.
SuperJoe_Kujo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
I've got all of the human Jojo figures that have been released so far and they're all great. I particularly like that with the Polnareff figure you can mimick his hand movements to say "I can see your panties", and that with Dio, you get the "turn" sign. All the figures have loads of nice touches and are worth owning. I don't have any of the stand figures but I've never had a problem with the pegs for the rest of them.
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
wow. I've never read the manga and I don't collect figurines, and yet I still kind of want those. They're just that cool.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:16 pm Reply with quote
How perfect that you have reviewed the very figure (Jotaro) I've been eyeing on eBay for the past month or so! Better yet, you've done absolutely nothing to dissuade me from throwing money at it. Well done! Also helpful was providing a link to a place (HLJ) where I can buy it with assurance that it's not a bootleg. Although, do bootleggers often bother with replicating poseable figures (especially those as highly articulated as this one)? Seems like it'd be too much work for someone out to make a quick buck but then again, what do I know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1