• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Guin Saga Fantasy TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I keep meaning to pick up the novels from Vertical. It's too bad that the author passed away before finishing the series. :[ But I'm glad Sentai picked it up the anime and will be releasing it as well. :]

In other news, did anyone else notice that Viz put this at the bottom of their Shojo Beat newsletter about the Vampire Knight anime being up on Viz Anime? I knew they had the manga, but had they announced the anime?
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Fansubbers did finish..... The series overall was decent, but given that there are 126 novels of the actual story published (129.5? were written + 21 side-stories), obviously the series just decides to end with no indication of continuation at the moment. The series was pretty, but I do have to say that it lacked appeal in the beginning episodes.

Oh yeah they finished subbing it? I remember the 2 groups I was following just stopped for "X" reason. Did they actually finish or did new groups pick up after them?
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
kel aka gandy wrote:
I keep meaning to pick up the novels from Vertical. It's too bad that the author passed away before finishing the series. :[ But I'm glad Sentai picked it up the anime and will be releasing it as well. :]

In other news, did anyone else notice that Viz put this at the bottom of their Shojo Beat newsletter about the Vampire Knight anime being up on Viz Anime? I knew they had the manga, but had they announced the anime?

...no, I don't believe the Cross Game anime has been officially announced, not that I've heard. This just became a very good weekend for me though. Smile
IncompetentOverlord

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that they're releasing it, but I really wish that they'd release something that would actually, you know, make money. I'm thinking that the double damage of this and Golgo 13 could potentially hurt them alot.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Highly doubt they'll dub this.

Why would they release a dubbed trailer then? Question
Razzuel

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes! I've been wanting someone to license this. I'll be buying it on day one.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:10 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
Fansubbers did finish..... The series overall was decent, but given that there are 126 novels of the actual story published (129.5? were written + 21 side-stories), obviously the series just decides to end with no indication of continuation at the moment. The series was pretty, but I do have to say that it lacked appeal in the beginning episodes.

Oh yeah they finished subbing it? I remember the 2 groups I was following just stopped for "X" reason. Did they actually finish or did new groups pick up after them?

You're likely referring to AnimeYoshi and EnigmaCollective. The group that picked up the series and finished it after AniYoshi stalled/dropped is frong.

I have yet to see Cross Game, but with Haruka Tomatsu as the main seiyuu, I'm trying to find time to watch it. Hopefully whoever brings it over doesn't butcher it. After all, Ookiku Furikabutte already didn't go so well for Funimation that they had to come out and say they wouldn't licensed the second season.

Last edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Fri May 07, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Rakkan wrote:
Ten no Haoh, Golgo 13 TV and Guin Saga now.

Come on Sentai; Souten No Ken. You know you want it.

Fixed!
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Highly doubt they'll dub this.

Why would they release a dubbed trailer then? Question

The dubbed trailer was commissioned by Aniplex to promote the show's available license. Sentai had nothing to do with it, and they have not announced their release plans. They may still be deciding whether to dub it or not.

They likely only confirmed this now, because Aniplex leaked this license back in April, and this had already made it's way to several websites, including this one: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=116006&start=45 .

Last edited by dragonrider_cody on Fri May 07, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote
It looked really good in the trailer, which I saw back when it debuted and I will have my fingers crossed for a dub. seeing as the Trailer is dubbed.
Although, I really don't know who made dub for the trailer, just I'm sure it wasn't the Japanese. They might have hired someone though.
Paploo

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see this officially confirmed- love what I've read of Vertical's releases, so I hope this gets a dub like Golgo 13.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote
So happy now. Will buy.

Sentai sure has been getting a lot of my money lately ..... Very Happy
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Cool I hope this gets dubbed
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know Nobuo Uematsu did the music for this. I'm more interested in checking it out now since this is the 2nd artist from the Final Fantasy franchise I've seen working on "Guin Saga." Yoshitaka Amano did some of the original book covers way back when, and might even be the originator for a lot of the character designs.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Not something I am personally interested in but glad to see lots of people looking forward to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4