• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic's Next Novel Listed for July Release

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crh1985

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:56 am Reply with quote
know only if tokyopop whould put out more novels
iindigo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:01 am Reply with quote
Nice to hear! I haven't read the novels yet, but it's good news to me anyway. Why? Because it gives KyoAni more to work with if they were to animate more FMP!

Now excuse me while I go order all of KyoAni's animators some pizza and beg on my knees...
goins007

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:22 am Reply with quote
About bloody time! This can't get here fast enough.
VinceA

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:24 am Reply with quote
I just wish KyoAni would take a short break from the moe shows to do at least another season of FMP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
hussar67

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quote
Hahahaha! [sob, sob, sob] The last novel was thought to be the final novel, then Gatoh kept posting that this was the final novel, and now we see it's "Final Novel: Part I". Oh, Lord. The torture. The torture.

I have a feeling my innards will be torn asunder in the interim between Parts I and II. Sigh, it hurts so good.
Lann

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
so i take it it will be another X number of years before part 2 is released?? *sigh* when will the series end?
dhumahn

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote
VinceA wrote:
I just wish KyoAni would take a short break from the moe shows to do at least another season of FMP.

Well, that depends on if the director gets off his high horse and decides he wants to (I do remember in one of the extras on the TSR release, when they were scouting locations, him mentioning that he never wants to do another mecha-based show).
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote
crh1985 wrote:
know only if tokyopop whould put out more novels

Sadly for me, my first reaction was that this news item was that Tokyopop had finally listed the next novel for release again. *Sigh*. Oh well, hopefully they'll get their act together on it soon. At this rate, it really doesn't affect me all that much when the books come out in Japan other than how it affects what Kyoto Animation does, since Tokyopop isn't really publishing them right now...

VinceA wrote:

That would be fantastic. However, supposedly the auther didn't want them to do any more until the books were finished. And, of course, that means that the fact that this appears to no longer be the last book is bad news for those of us waiting for more of the anime. I wish that they'd at least do another side-story series like FUMOFFU though. The main story stuff is better, but FUMOFFU was still absolutely hilarious.
Southen

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
It'd be nice if the TokyoPop English adaptions weren't 7 books behind already, and the 3 that have been done didn't seem to be out of print... Sad
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote
There needs to be another season of the anime.

News like this just gets me so tense that I want to punch a baby. I mean, it's so close and yet so far away!
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote
VinceA wrote:

That would be fantastic. However, supposedly the auther didn't want them to do any more until the books were finished. And, of course, that means that the fact that this appears to no longer be the last book is bad news for those of us waiting for more of the anime. I wish that they'd at least do another side-story series like FUMOFFU though. The main story stuff is better, but FUMOFFU was still absolutely hilarious.[/quote]
Actually it was because FMP Tsr and Fumoffu were among the lowest selling titles on Kyo Ani's list, when they saw potential in the moe genre they made tons more money
DarkChrestomanci

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote
That headline made me think that this was for the American release, it had me all excited Sad

Oh well, I'm glad that Japan is going to be getting some more. And I also agree on more FMP anime, that is one of my favorite shows.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Or you know we can give a company that is more likely to do a FMP season and not gimmick it up a shot. Then again it's a Kadokawa property so it probably is subject to their bizarre marketing desires regardless of animation studio that gets contracted to do it.

I mostly don't understand why people continue to rely on a company that is all but a lost cause for anything not moe at this point in it's business structure. Every single time there's FMP news......it's like a call and answer thing.

hussar67 wrote:
Hahahaha! [sob, sob, sob] The last novel was thought to be the final novel, then Gatoh kept posting that this was the final novel, and now we see it's "Final Novel: Part I". Oh, Lord. The torture. The torture.

I have a feeling my innards will be torn asunder in the interim between Parts I and II. Sigh, it hurts so good.

These big names always do this. Hideo Kojima has been on his last metal gear game for almost a decade and ditto Hayao Miyazaki for his movies. It's just another way of generating hype and desire for "one more novel/movie/game" since people fall for it every time.

The way I see it franchises don't really die in Japan same as they don't really die anywhere else, they just go into hibernation until the time is right for a revival. Like do you people know how many properties out there have the subtitle "Final" and then are still around in some capacity? Do you even care? Ahhhhh I doubt it.....
GVentola

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I remember when I first tried to order FMP light novel #4, and the bookseller told me it was forbidden (Okay, she didn't use the word forbidden). It was then that I realized TokyoPop, a company I had trusted to finish what it had started, had seemingly pulled the plug on the light novel translations. I mourn because we'll never get to find out what happens, especially if Sousuke and Kaname ever get an official romance going. Oh, well, I have my imagination at least.
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I LOVE FMP!! I need to read the novels though. Moar anime seasons!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2