• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Alchemic Drive

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
or crush enemy robots' heads with their burning hands

Which is why I don't understand why people don't like G Gundam.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
ye gads! The box art for Senko no Ronde Duo COMPLETELY looks like it was designed by whoever designed art like these pieces from Wolf's Rain (whose aesthetics I cannot fully express my adoration for):

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/242520

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/274255

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/274260

Also, Todd? Since when did Ed ever marry that gypsy girl from the FMA movie. (Still a funny comment from the image, though--in fact, I really look forward to those comments when reading the X Button!). Yeah, she was kinda dumb, but I still loved the movie; good entertainment and conclusion for me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sfried

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Todd wrote:
What am I fighting FOOOOOR!

Zero from MMZ4 wrote:
"I never cared about justice, and I don't ever recall calling myself a hero...I have always only fought for the people that I believe in. I won't hesitate...If an enemy appears before me, I will destroy it!"

This is why I love the Mega Man Zero saga over the X series.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
ye gads! The box art for Senko no Ronde Duo COMPLETELY looks like it was designed by whoever designed art like these pieces from Wolf's Rain (whose aesthetics I cannot fully express my adoration for):

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/242520

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/274255

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/274260

Also, Todd? Since when did Ed ever marry that gypsy girl from the FMA movie. (Still a funny comment from the image, though--in fact, I really look forward to those comments when reading the X Button!). Yeah, she was kinda dumb, but I still loved the movie; good entertainment and conclusion for me!

Every time I read the X button I almost always laugh and really, really enjoy the article. Todd, you seriously outdone yourself this time and I am honored to have read your articles for the last two years.

In the last 16 or so years, I've read well over 100 gaming columns, but only a couple I still read today. But almost none of them are nearly as hilarious and worth reading as this.

I agree with you though, Ed should have ended up with Winry instead of Rose. I'll admit, the mental image of the move mentioned in the article makes is exceptionally hilarious, the movie wasn't too bad. The first, second and remake are much better though.

But if Ed ended up with Winry, who would Al end up with? Winry's grandmother? Laughing
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
You're kidding me. I've been watching and waiting for Senko no Ronde since following the arcade ver (years ago), just to find out it's name was changed and sent straight into the bottom of the barrel upon U.S. release? Damn. Got's to get me sum "Wartech".

Urrgh. To the extreme.
rubixcubd60

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:17 am Reply with quote
VOTOMS aged better than MSG? Don't get me wrong I enjoyed what I saw of it but it aged far worse than the still very watchable MSG. Anyway I really want to play those FMA games I never got around to playing the PS2 ones since I heard they were pretty mediocre.
Xenockky

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:25 am Reply with quote
Gwah, I really wish Senko no Ronde did better in the US so that they'd send Duo over here....

Personally I think it was a TERRIBLE move to change the title to Wartech and make the cover art god-awful so that it "appeals to Americans..."

I hated the American cover so much I printed out the Japanese one and exchanged it lol
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:02 am Reply with quote
Has it really been 2 years? Time flies.

Knights Contract perked my attention. I can't complain about a God of War/Bayonetta hack n' slasher... actually wait... there's already God of War and Bayonetta. Well, I'd like to see some more about it at least.
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:41 am Reply with quote
WOW! Possibly the greatest game of all time comes out on Sunday and its not mentioned here. Reviews for it from IGN, Gamespot, and many other big time site gives it perfect Scores 10/10.. I really have lost all hope for some of you so called gamers these days. Super Mario Galaxy 2 >>>>>> All
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wooga

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
ye gads! The box art for Senko no Ronde Duo COMPLETELY looks like it was designed by whoever designed art like these pieces from Wolf's Rain

And they're both inspired by Alphonse Mucha.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 am Reply with quote
I don't know what Senko no Ronde is, but it has nice box art.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote
Senko no Ronde Duo looks interesting. I watched a gameplay video of it. I would love to have a mecha fighting game!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:

Noah is the character you're looking for.
I'm waiting for the new game to eventually be licensed, just for the fangirls of the EdWinry pair to play in order to squeal at the thought of them getting married. Anime hyper

Mario1234567 wrote:
WOW! Possibly the greatest game of all time comes out on Sunday and its not mentioned here. Reviews for it from IGN, Gamespot, and many other big time site gives it perfect Scores 10/10.. I really have lost all hope for some of you so called gamers these days. Super Mario Galaxy 2 >>>>>> All

I'm sure everyone knows about SMG2 coming out. It's not like it's a guarded secret. Rolling Eyes I think letting us know about some of the other games out there that are being released is more important than letting us know about a game that is already (annoyingly) overhyped.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh, thank you thank you. Anime hyper Anime hyper I'd totally forgotten about that ol' "infinite ammo" meme.

MGS2. Good times, good times. Fission mailed.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I liked the first Megaman Zero game but pretty much lost track of the rest. Guess I might as well try out the collection now that it's available.

Armored Trooper Votoms is indeed more realistic than Mobile Suit Gundam as far as the mecha go, yes, but Chirico himself...well, let's just say he can easily be compared to Rambo at certain points in the show (which is explained...though the point stands) and leave it at that.

Moving on, the game in question simply sounds...disappointing if not unexpectedly so, and the awkward controls aren't exactly going to help.

I have no idea about where the Captain Tsubasa franchise has gone in terms of gameplay (or just in general) in recent years, but back in the day the SNES games were actually quite fun. Storyline, what storyline? It's all about flashy super moves and the anime-style cut scenes. And if anything, they proved that soccer games can be just as entertaining as those of any other sport, unless you merely want to be a pharisee. Razz

And I can't help but chuckle at the fact Todd's still a little...bitter about a certain subject. Laughing

Last edited by nightjuan on Wed May 26, 2010 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2