• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Initial D: Stage 3 Movie DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh, if only Netflix was carrying this. Crying or Very sad
Tessou

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:51 am Reply with quote
Bit of a scathing review for what was overall graded B-, methinks.
This part shook me up a little:

Quote:
The pacing is choppy, it regularly chokes on its expository dialogue, and the de-facto climax—in which Takumi rescues Mogi with his super racing powers—is an embarrassment.

That's probably one of the best scenes in the movie, and perhaps even the entire series up to that point. The music in particular worked very well with the action going on, and there was a lot going on in the minute or so that comprised the scene.

How was it embarassing? Compared to the otherwise admittedly clustered plot before it, this scene was rather easy to take down. Bad guy kidnaps good guy's girl, good guy takes chase, good guy triumphs. Where's the embarassment?
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
hideous characters

Oh, if I had a nickel for every time someone said that. Laughing

I like this series despite the character designs, which in my opinion are pretty edgy and fit in with the series' edgy feel. I don't see anyone complaining about Akagi, and look at the designs in THAT.

Also, the soundtrack is one of the best anime soundtracks I've ever listened to. The OP in particular is great, and the end credits music is just awesome through and through.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1