• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Case Closed - season 6?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterEd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Funimation has released the first 5 seasons of Case Closed, but has not announced season 6 and beyond. I'm not sure if they have the license for episodes 130 and up, though. More recently they've re-released the first 5 seasons in Viridian Collection, which is a good sign. Does anyone know if Funi plans on releasing season 6 and up? Thanks!
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
The plans are pretty low, about 20-25%. Someone went to a recent convention and asked a Funimation rep.
There is a post on the Funi forums about it.
http://community.funimation.com/tm.aspx?m=206504&mpage=14

The only way to up the chance is to buy, buy, buy! If you can't convince other people to buy the sets then you should buy 10 sets.
MisterEd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote
That's a real shame, I've been a fan since it started airing on Cartoon Network. And don't worry, I have all the Viridian Collection sets. Do you know which manga volume starts where season 5 ends? Thanks, it helps a lot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1