• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, June 6-12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Good for Battle Angel Alita. Smile
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
We just got 48 copies of Twilight's novella whatever it is at my library and a bunch of copies of that mangwha or whatever as well.

NOT ONE HOLD

Tells you something, doesn't it?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
We just got 48 copies of Twilight's novella whatever it is at my library and a bunch of copies of that mangwha or whatever as well.

NOT ONE HOLD

Tells you something, doesn't it?

Our Hatchette/Little Brown/Yen Press book representative told me when I asked him about the comic that they just mainly had tons of pre-orders from major bookstore chains (and from stuff like Walmart) and that those sales more than likely not representing actual sales to customers, but store inventory stores. After 6 months or so have passed that the book has been out they're expecting a large number of returns for publisher credit I think.

Not saying the book isn't selling, it's just not selling anywhere near the level that the actual Twilight books sell at. Same can be said with that new "spin off" Bree Tanner book that came out. Haven't sold that many in my store either. If it's not new stuff about Edward or Jacob, it's not going to have the rabid fangirl following.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
not susprised negima is number 8. the storyline is staring to get more and more predictable now.

I just hope that #27's revelations isnt what I think it is cause a lot of fans wont be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1