• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiss x Sis -- hentai or ecchi?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsumetai okan

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Well today i had some free time and started looking for anime and I found this series called Kiss X Sis which quite had a good story but like after the first 10 minutes i started wandering should this anime actually be an ecchi or should it be a hentai sow i decided to come hear to the forum and get the opinion of u guys.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
If you don't see genitals, it's most likely just going be called a very ecchi anime. Hentai is generally reserved for shows with explicit sexual situations, not just suggested ones.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote
The manga is in the strong sexual type Battle Vixens or Gantz might have. If the genitals had mosaics around, then it would be hentai. Having scenes pictures of the manga, I'd say it is semi soft core like Love Lucky.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote
I've watched the two episodes in question and the show doesn't seem hentai to me, but you'd have to call it pretty strong ecchi in parts. spoiler[There's one bath scene in particular in the second episode that is probably as close as you can come to hentai without it actually being hentai.]
Rullmeister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
The story is good and i wuld say its not hentai its very strong ecchi so some might think its hentai.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I've watched the two episodes in question and the show doesn't seem hentai to me, but you'd have to call it pretty strong ecchi in parts. spoiler[There's one bath scene in particular in the second episode that is probably as close as you can come to hentai without it actually being hentai.]

Very Happy

Ah, I see, these message were 9 months old when there was no third episode (or "episode 2" by their numbering), which completely eclipses the second. Well the 2nd does feature spoiler[his pinned finger flicking away.... water?] They don't exactly do that in the third episode, it could have, but always with the interruptions. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Shows no actual sexual anatomy, stops short of sex, but yes, I have to admit that the drunken foreplay does stop short of hentai.

There are still a couple more OVA's planned I believe, I wonder if they will be trying to outdo the previous episodes like they have been doing with the first three?

As a ecchi service show it's good.

I am interested in seeing at least some of the TV adaptation, The OVA is mainly about lust, nothing really wrong with that, but there is possibly a good taboo love story story there as well if they focused on something other than how they girls are going to end up naked and/or rubbing up against Keita.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blackmaler143

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:17 pm Reply with quote
[EDIT: No one-liners or listing. -TK]
bebob101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
if you want an anime that turns hentai from ecchi, why not try the last episode of green green lol Shocked
raltyinferno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 am Reply with quote
bebob101 wrote:
if you want an anime that turns hentai from ecchi, why not try the last episode of green green lol Shocked

Totally. That was a good anime. The very last episode definitely was right at the border and I would say that it may have indeed crossed it. KissxSis is only ecchi though, no hentai.
M16black

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 pm Reply with quote
I'd say this is definitely all ecchi. I'm up-to-date with the TV series (not the OVA) and I've seen some anime equally ecchi (ie. Rosario x Vampire, Ichiban Ushio no Daimao, etc...), that are also in no way hentai. I mean you could question an anime that involves plenty of censoring or actually reveals something period, but Kiss x Sis is solely suggestive. spoiler[So far, the worst I've seen is a nude backside and ako covering herself with her hands.] I mean there are worse Clean magazine covers than this (not to say it isn't definitely major ecchi).
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, This thread is almost a year old, it was about the OVAs.

Maybe someone could add that to the thread title?

Although, from what I've seen in the TV version, they will let the girls do the same things as in the OVA, it's just that they can be more explicit in how they depict it in those.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chicogrande

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
I may be simply responding to my most basic lustful reaction to this show. I have come across artwork from the anime and the manga and I must say, this is the naughtiest, ecchi-est, ecchi anime ever.

I, for one, am familiar with most convoluted ecchi arrangements. The hapless college guy with 6 or 7 female apartment neighbors who were childhood friends. The clueless earthling hounded by 12 or 13 space princesses vying for his just-revealed princely genetic material. The young Muslim bomber suddenly trying to figure out how to manage 72 virgins. Storywise, I think it's sometimes hard to keep track of all the interactions and the hundreds of sexy-shots only serve to tire my eyes.

But with KissXSis I would say that simple is better. Not only are we talking sexy twin girls here, but it all happens under one roof and within earshot of the hapless male's parents, adding to the naughtiness. Multiple scenarios are possible with this simple three-way. Morning shenanigans, before & after-school shenanigans, after dinner, before bedtime, bathtime, after-bathtime, at-bedtime, during bedtime, with the parents downstairs and when they are out, etc. The sexual tension simply waits to burst out as sexual mind-games take place within a restricted environment with parental encouragement.

Oh well, I may be simply getting over-stimulated by the concept, but I believe the best ecchi shows are the less convoluted. This is the ecchi-est ecchi anime ever, IMO.

Oh boy! Anime exclamation

Last edited by chicogrande on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hulten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
It's ecchii bordering on Hentai I say. It goes where some Anime never dares to go with all the things they pull. The last thing to find in this show is an obvious censor.
Benatron

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I call it soft-core hentai.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Anybody watch Girls Bravo? That anime went from ecchi to borderline hentai because of several episodes. Like episode 2 spoiler[ Miharu taste the banana in a sexually suggestive manner]. Episode 11 had a part where spoiler[ If Kirie lose to Fukuyama in a ping pong match she would end up being his slave and had a dream where Kirie rub Fukuyama back with her bare "pillows", it almost feel like a hentai when seeing that ]. Season 2 get a bit nastier, episode 12 has spoiler[a giant octopus summon by Lisa and it touched Miharu and Kirie bodies in a hentai-like behavior ].

So a ecchi anime can sometime borderline near hentai because some of the content in extreme ecchi anime can make it almost feel like hentai like Girls Bravo. From watching the anime, and from what you tell me about Kiss X Sis, I'm not surprised if there are ecchi anime that can almost borderline to hentai.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2