• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lucas to Blend Anime and Western Style Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Looks like George Lucas wants a cut of the CGI pie. So, he plans to blend western style animation with anime? It's been done to death, and the last thing we need is something to cause comparisions between art styles(I like both). Personally, I'm not too fond of most American/Asian hybreds(the Animatrix, etc.) It always comes off as some no-nothing's take on anime, which is often vastly different from real anime. So overall, I'm not sure this is a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Otakuboy T

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote
Smells like the ameican-made Speed Racer from the 80's very, very, bad. Stick to Sci-fi George.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Let's not jerk our knees too quick. Lucasarts and such do some great work. Monkey Island and Grim Fandango are great examples of cool properties that could make cool cartoons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Let's not forget that George Lucas DID create Indiana Jones and Star Wars, even if the later seems to be possibly ruined. I'm really intrested in seeing what Lucas will come up with.

He's also the type of guy who likes to push his medium to its limits. If he didn't attempt things with special effects that was never done before when he started making movies, we'd have pretty crappy special effects now.
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Looks like George Lucas wants a cut of the CGI pie

George Lucas baked the CGI pie
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1