• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Xam'd, Hell Girl: Three Vessels Anime

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Oh noes! I was hoping Xam'd would get licensed however since Section23 licensed it seems very unlikely that the series would get a dub... I was actually rooting for Funi to get it... Sad Crying or Very sad

Also, don't care for Hell Girl... I would have cared if they had provided the second season with a dub however since Section23 also licensed the 3rd series it seems very unlikely again... Also, since Funi didn't get the second or third seasons of Hell Girl, I'm assuming that the first season didn't sell as well as they hoped?

Last edited by sailorsean on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Yes! More Hell Girl! Quite a while for it to come out, but that's okay, I can wait. It'll be on TANoD about two weeks later.

Curses do come home to roost. Smile
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I thought Sony had Xam'd?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Is this going to be S23's first BD release?
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I really hope they dub hell girl 2 and 3 at some point. I tried watching the show subbed and i couldn't do it. I won't be able to see it unless there is a dub. They licensed the 3rd season pretty quickly maybe they will dub it. I hope so anyway.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Takeyo wrote:
Is this going to be S23's first BD release?

No, Appleseed has been available on Bluray for several weeks now, and Legend of The Dark King will be releasing soon on Bluray. Ghost Hound and X'amd will be their third and fourth bluray releases.

Also, the MSRP is higher on X'amd than the usual Sentai sub prices, so it's possible that it may be dubbed. The series certainly has the potential sales to support one. We just have to await official word on this, which is why ANN may have waited so long to post this. These were announced on Mania several hours ago.

I have to say that I'm surprised and pretty damn excited to see Ghost Hound on Bluray. I was hoping for one, but really didn't expect it. Perhaps it's not too much to hope for a bluray for Tears To Tiara as well.

I'm always good for more Hell Girl and Golgo 13, so it will be a full month for me.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty good news. It is nice how Section23 keeps pumping out licenses of anime fans have been clamoring for every couple months.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote
BRING ON THE DUB WHINERS! I've got a lot of cheese.
usagidoshi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Two more must-buys from Section 23! Keep 'em coming.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Oh, right. I completely forgot about Appleseed (and have a mental block on anything related to Fist of the North Star).

Right Stuf is offering a pretty good deal on the Ghost Hound BDs. At 60%, that's around only $2 per episode.

EDIT:
Yeah, I'm sure Xam'd is native 1080p, since SONY went to the trouble of originally renting HD versions on the PS3 for something like $4 an episode. BTW, I've seen rips of a couple BD episodes and they're gorgeous.

I'm not sure, but given that I can only find DVDs on amazon.co.jp, Ghost Hound is probably an upscale.

Last edited by Takeyo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbobot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Glad that Xam'd got licensed, but disappointed that it's by Section23. I figured since sony was also releasing the show stateside via PS3 that we'd be getting a dub when it finally came out here on DVD/BD. I was really looking forward to that, but if it doesn't have a dub I'm not sure how inclined I'll be to buy it.

Anyone know if Xam'd was originally animated in HD or will the blurays most likely be upscales?
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Mitsuganae. MITSUGANAE!!! I love you Section23!!! Great!

Hell Girl is actually one of the shows I liked the dub in. I hope one day they will dub it. But I really dont care, because I like this show in Japanese aswell, and I cant wait.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
every time I see they licensed something I weep because I know they'll charge 59.99 for 12-14 episodes. ridiculous

I pay 20 dollars for a 3 hour movie so 40 dollars would even be reasonable for these collections
dragonrider_cody

Barbobot wrote:
Glad that Xam'd got licensed, but disappointed that it's by Section23. I figured since sony was also releasing the show stateside via PS3 that we'd be getting a dub when it finally came out here on DVD/BD. I was really looking forward to that, but if it doesn't have a dub I'm not sure how inclined I'll be to buy it.

Anyone know if Xam'd was originally animated in HD or will the blurays most likely be upscales?

It was animated in HD. Sentai and Section 23 don't do upscales, at least not yet.

We don't have any verification of a dub or not, but with the price, it's still a possibility.
leftbehindxp

Sentai, Sentai, Sentai...how much money will you take from me this year?! Can't wait to get my hands on those Blu-rays+dubs, as well as Golgo 13. It's great that they announce licenses and release it in the same year basically. Sentai is starting to become my favorite anime distributors.

http://www.mania.com/sentai-acquires-xamd-hell-girl-season-3-anime-adds-new-dubs_article_123457.html

Hopefully Xam'd gets a dub (if Chris is right with his educated guess, link above). That series looks pretty cool, plus I like most of Bones productions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11