• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animate USA Puts Last Embracing Love Volume on Kindle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
So when will we see the rest of the volumes printed in english? That is what I want to know!
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
While I'm pretty excited about Libre releasing Japanese manga onto the Kindle, the other thing in this that excites me more is the release of LOL Theatre in English. This is previously unreleased in English, so it must have been translated (and pretty nicely IMO) by Libre which makes it their first original English release.

I hope they do this with other oneshots and chapters from their anthologies, and someday move on to tankoubon that haven't been licensed in the US. Though, the $2.50 price tag for one 33pg story is a little steep, and enough to keep me from buying stuff unless it's a mangaka or series I love.
Beruda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
This is good news but manga titles need to be made available to all the different platforms to make this really viable.
Mytopia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Beruda wrote:
This is good news but manga titles need to be made available to all the different platforms to make this really viable.

Kindle is already available on several different platforms (including PC) so I don't think that's true.
HanatoYume

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
So when will we see the rest of the volumes printed in english? That is what I want to know!

Me too. From what I can tell they only did the first two volumes of Embracing Love in english back in '05 and this article talks about them releasing the last volume for kindle...?
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quote
They released the first 5 I believe. It was either 4 or 5. I cant remember. They stopped publishing when BeBeautiful lost all their licenses through the Libre takeover. Kizuna was picked up but no word on this one.
Beruda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Mytopia wrote:
Beruda wrote:

Kindle is already available on several different platforms (including PC) so I don't think that's true.

I should have been clearer. I meant other e-readers besides Kindle, Nook etc. Although I would prefer to buy the printed volumes myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1