• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Convention in Ottawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bara_Megami

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!! I live in Ottawa, and the con is a 15 minute bus ride away from where I live (at least where I live part time)! Razz Sooooo happy Anime smile Anyone else going? I'm assuming the people running it are the same people who used to run the anime club at Algonquin/Carleton. I'm so excited! Yaaay~~! I'm gonna tell all the people from my Japanese class (my only friends that like anime too!!) Yaaay~~!
Shouganai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:53 pm Reply with quote
The con is being run by SOAP, which is a club made up of former members of the Carleton/AAS club. SOAP runs its own showings, but also really helps out the other clubs in the city with their showings, by providing equipment.

This little con is shaping up to be a lot of fun I think. I am the treasurer of the club at Ottawa U (newly re-formed), so we're helping out some as well.

By the way, for those in the Ottawa region wanting to find out about anime clubs and anime related events in Ottawa: http://www.ottawa-anime.org/

I hope to see some of you locals at showings for all the clubs in the city, and see you at the con!
jevre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Bara_Megami wrote:
<snip> I'm assuming the people running it are the same people who used to run the anime club at Algonquin/Carleton. </snip>

Actually... Just to let you know. SOAP wasn't directly involved with the club that ran at Algonquin/Carleton (AAS). We did collaborate with AAS on some things, but we originated from an old Carleton University club, back in '96-'99 (OCAC).

ok.. history lesson over Smile

We are so glad to hear of fan support in the area, and hope that our move to a convention will be as, or more successful that our All Night Anime has been in the past.

Bring all of your friends!!! We are going to have a blast! Cool

--
Jen
co-chair
SOAP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1